WALMART 12 XBOX 360'S 12A.M. JAN1!

thechef71

I saw in my walmart they will be having a minimum 12 xbox 360s at 12am jan 1st. They had a flyer up stating that according to this week's sale ad they would have at least 12. It also said there would be no more until jan 1st. Has anybody else seen this? I wonder if this is going to kick off a big sale?

I saw in my walmart they will be having a minimum 12 xbox 360s at 12am jan 1st. They had a flyer up stating that according to this week's sale ad they would have at least 12. It also said there would be no more until jan 1st. Has anybody else seen this? I wonder if this is going to kick off a big sale?

Just normal shipments IMO. Best Buy had them on the 18th, and the 23rd, TRU here got 9 of them on the 24th.

But my buddy's preorder from EBGames (oversold) won't be there until the 2nd week in Jan. They told him he could get a refund to buy it elsewhere, but no discount or store credit or any other compenstation for their incompetence.

Ds decided he doesn't want a 360 for the time being. He got a PSP and a video iPod for Christmas and says he no longer "needs" the 360. LOL He's playing N64 for the time being. He is spending his own money on the 360, so he wants to hold off and maybe even wait for the PS3.

A friend of mine told me tonight that our local WM held one back for a friend of hers. She said her friend told them that her son would be extremely disappointed if he didn't get it, so they agreed to hold one back and call her to come and get it. They ended up getting their shipment later that same day, and they only got TWO in the shipment, and one of them they held for her. I have to admit I was ticked off to hear that, but on the other hand glad that she got one for her son who really did want one - she wasn't selling it to make money.

I'm not getting one until hubby's b'day to assure they have worked most of the bugs out...

Yea, us too. My son was all excited about this until everyone here was complaining about it "crashing" and overheating. I hope they figure out the problems real quick. Doesn't seem quite fair to sell something so expensive and then worry if it's not going to work right. Good luck everyone. Hope you all score one without a fight!!!

To those of you worried about it's "problems", the main problem with it was the people using it.

It's like a computer, putting a computer on the carpet is a big NO-NO. Put the xbox and the power brick on a stand or something and you will have no problems with it crashing.

The next is the disc scratching. It should be common sense not to move the disc from horizontal to vertical WHILE you are playing a game.

The console is fine, it's just the people using it.

Yea, us too. My son was all excited about this until everyone here was complaining about it "crashing" and overheating. I hope they figure out the problems real quick. Doesn't seem quite fair to sell something so expensive and then worry if it's not going to work right. Good luck everyone. Hope you all score one without a fight!!!

My 11 year old son has been playing the 360 nonstop since Christmas morning and has had no problems at all with it.

Just normal shipments IMO. Best Buy had them on the 18th, and the 23rd, TRU here got 9 of them on the 24th.

But my buddy's preorder from EBGames (oversold) won't be there until the 2nd week in Jan. They told him he could get a refund to buy it elsewhere, but no discount or store credit or any other compenstation for their incompetence.

OK, i have to step in here. my DH is a mgr for EB games. It was not thier "incompetance" that caused your buddy not to get one. They were not intentionally oversold. EB games was told by microsoft that they would be getting X number of units. Well, right before launch (maybe 2 weeks or so, I dont remember) Microsoftr said Oops, we cant give you that many after all. My hubby spend the last few weeks before Christmas being yelled at by people like you wo cant see that its not thier fault. He had to call EVERY single person that had pre-ordered and wouldnt get one. He was supposed to get almost 200, and ended up getting 52. So dont think the people are incompetant. Any store that took pre-orders had the same problems. Why? Japanese launch. And look what happened there. They cant sell them. Dont blame them, it was 150% microsoft on this one. And its not like its never happened before. This same thing occurs every time Sony launches anything.

To those of you worried about it's "problems", the main problem with it was the people using it.

It's like a computer, putting a computer on the carpet is a big NO-NO. Put the xbox and the power brick on a stand or something and you will have no problems with it crashing.

The next is the disc scratching. It should be common sense not to move the disc from horizontal to vertical WHILE you are playing a game.

The console is fine, it's just the people using it.

^^^^^^^

What they said!!!!

I think alot of people were frustrated with eb and gamestop because they had already paid for a preorder then those guys were selling systems on their websites in ridiculous bundles to make extra profit. Meanwhile the people that had already paid for a single core or premium 360 without extra games and stuff couldn't get the ones they had already paid for FIRST! No wonder people are mad.