Black Friday Countdown / Anticipation Thread [Merged]

Brad

We are all going to blink and it will be here. Funny thing is someone brought it up yesterday. My wife and I are re-locating to MI in August and yesterday my MIL said so what are we going to do for Black Friday. We said come to MI and we will go lol.

I was thinking about BF the other day when my crazy aunt mentioned not caring if her tv cost 600+ so long as it was "good". She does NOT have a bluray player or cable and her current tv is from the 80's, she's getting a 32-39 inch for under $200. It'd just be nice to get it for under $100 if her current one holds out until BF.

I avoid Hobby Lobby. They tricked me with their name. My wife asked me one day if I wanted to go to Hobby Lobby. I was like R/C Cars, Planes, Trains and so on HECK YA I'M ALL IN. We get there and I'm like what the heck is this, it's Michaels with a different name. Now don't get me wrong stores like this are just fine but don't get my hopes all up and then shoot me down. Now I don't go there with her unless she is reminded that it's not a hobby store in MY eyes. :)

• Like 1

*smiles* I happen to work in the exact kind of hobby shop you wished hobby lobby was! :) and, we are starting to plot out what we want to do this christmas... I love it!

I tell you I was majorly bummed. I was like now we need to find a REAL hobby shop so I can bask in all of it's glory lol. We were out of town at this time so looking for one proved fruitless.

I bought a couple Christmas gifts last week, and it REALLY put me in the mood for Black Friday. Funny, you would think it would have put me in the mood for Christmas.  Hmmmmm.

We have normally already started but this year we are moving long distance at the end of July and we don't want extras to pack so we haven't bought anything yet. Hope to get started once we get into the new house.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh.. How the time fly by... so glad Black Friday is almost here.  I just hope Amazon don't ruin by being " negotiating " with more publish house or  movie company or other field of business.   

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it's going to be a new TV year this year. We are moving out of state at the end of this month and I'm not taking my plasma with us. SO we will be getting a new TV on BF. I'm hoping for some killer deals on 70"+ :)