What temperature do you set your Thermostat ?

bargain

What temperature do you set your Thermostat ?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. What temperature do you set your Thermostat ?

• Less than 68
    • 69 - 70
    • 71-72
    • 73-74
    • 75-76
    • 77-78
    • Greater than 79

I really like my digital thermostat especially this time of year. It goes to 67 about 20 minutes before I get out of bed, then it goes down to 64 when everyone has left for the day. Comes back to 67 shortly before the first child arrives home from school and then goes back down to 64 while we are asleep.

DD keeps ours set at 71 in the winter and 79 in the summer. I'm always cold, I think I have the coldest room in the house but no place to put a space heater in here. When we had the ice a couple of weeks ago and down in the teens, I was about to start begging her to let us turn the heat up for a couple of days, but we made it through that cold snap. It did get turned up for a few days but the electric bill skyrocketed, so we leave it chilly in here now and just bundle up.

After receiving our first bill of the heating season, I've turned it down from 68-70 to 65. Our bill tripled from October/November (~$120) to (~$360) for November/December. And it ain't even got cold yet. January/February are out coldest months. I've banned all cooking with the gas oven, and only essentials will be dried in our gas dryer.

I used to set ours at 72, but with all the news about heating gas skyrocketing I have set it this year at 66 degrees on the coldest days and 65 on the warmers. Now occassionally the youngest will get a hair up her but and get a chair and change it. One day she had it up to 78 degrees, I thought there was a fire or something as it was much warmer than usual. kids :fryingpan