Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Recommended ASP .NET Host

5 replies to this topic

#1 darkJester  OFFLINE  

darkJester

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 15, 2004 - 12:03 pm

Hi everyone! I thought I'd start a new thread rather than tack onto the end of twista's, since in this thread I'm looking for a great deal on a Windows webhost. I've been doing some reading over at WHT and AT, but I thought I'd get some recommendations here also (RossMAN's, in particular :D). A friend of mine has a web-based app that he's written and was looking for a host. If not for his .NET requirement, I have plenty of suggestions for him. But since this is my first time looking for a Windows host, I'm a little clueless. These are his requirements, in order of priority: 1. RELIABLE 2. ASP .NET 3. mySQL, PHP (most everyone has this) 4. cheap Price is indeed a last concern, so minimizing cost is a nice-to-have, but reliability is king. Any suggestions are VERY appreciated. Thanks!! :D

#2 Guest_beatmix01_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_beatmix01_*
  • Member since --

Posted Sep 15, 2004 - 1:53 pm

darkjester - why go windows. just install the packages in linux support asp.net on linux.

asp.net on linux

mono project

#3 darkJester  OFFLINE  

darkJester

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 15, 2004 - 4:21 pm

darkjester - why go windows. just install the packages in linux support asp.net on linux.

asp.net on linux

mono project

Hmm... I didn't know that was possible. The problem would be that my friend's site would only be a client, so it might not be possible for him to install any packages on the server. That being said, I'm more than happy to recommend him a Linux host with ASP support if anyone knows of any.

Thanks for the info, beatmix01! :D

#4 darkJester  OFFLINE  

darkJester

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 24, 2004 - 8:08 am

Can anyone else chime in with some recommendations? My buddy is still seeking a good ASP .NET host. I've looked at some on WHT, but I wanted to solicit any final advice (RossMAN is especially invited to chime in :D). Thanks all!

#5 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 24, 2004 - 8:09 am

What is your realistic budget? Please remember "you get what you pay for" and Windows web hosting always costs more than Linux does.

#6 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 24, 2004 - 8:15 am

I have a possible recommendation from WHT, just waiting for their response to my inquiry. Will definitely need to know your budget though for 2GB/30GB and it's a resellers account :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users