Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

very fast DNS propagation

4 replies to this topic

#1 cronos  OFFLINE  

cronos

jazzy geek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 15, 2004 - 6:40 am

did any of you guys experience that it is *much* quicker these days to get DNS changes to resolve? and i mean insanely quick, like under 10 minutes? i experienced it about a week or two ago for one of my domains, and i thought it was just a coincidence, but last night it happened again. i actually changed DNS servers for two domains last night about 1am, one of them resolved in less than 10 minutes and the other one didn't resolve until this morning (still quick compared to 24+ hours it used to be). was there any changes to the way DNS is propagating, or was i just got lucky a couple of times in a row?

#2 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 15, 2004 - 7:08 am

It's been very rare that all the stars have aligned, so it's only happened to me once. I helped an AT'er register a domain through NameCheap.com and get web hosting from RippleHost. 20 minutes later their domain had propogated.

#3 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,428 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 15, 2004 - 9:00 am

I've also seen very fast propagation as well, both with .com and those free .info domains.

#4 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 15, 2004 - 9:24 am

Speaking of DNS propagation, I am seriously considering signing up for this after reading this WHT thread.

In the event of an emergency, you can quickly switch to a different web host and PROPOGATE IN 5 MINUTES or less!

#5 twista  OFFLINE  

twista

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 15, 2004 - 11:31 am

takes 48 freaking hours for me! ;( When i went to 1and1.com it took less than 9 hours.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users