You might be flagged if you return this holiday season!

bigjimslade

It shouldn't be a problem for most people that have a legitimate return.

This is mainly for the people that "rent" higher priced products.

Or people that put an older item in a similar box and return it (or older broken things in the correct box).

But the broken/older returns could be resolved by having people at the customer service/return desk that HAVE A CLUE! How about a little better training big business! Before trying to shaft the average joe that isn't trying to stiff you with a 15% restocking fee.

On the news they said that if you give a gift reciept the returner may not get the full price you paid for the item. They will give you the sale price if it is on sale when you return it. So I always save the original reciept.

i didn't know that, that's not right:(

Yet another store I won't be shopping in, I refuse to pay a restocking fee for any reason. I very rarely return anything, but in the event that I do I won't be paying a restocking fee. I haven't shopped in BB for years for various reasons, but the restocking fee was one of them.

I buy everything with a credit card. That way if I ever have any problems returning it, or if its a gift and they have trouble I just call the cc company and they take care of it. Most cards also have insurance in case your gifts get stolen, and they will refund your money.

It seems like Costco has the best return policy. Electronics 6 months, forever on everything else. And I like the way Fry's electronics, and most auto parts stores around here do it better. They put your name and phone # (made up a phone #) in the computer and then keep track of what you bought, and when. That way if you do lose your receipt they still have a record of it. Cuts down on Fraud tremendously. No receipt, no record, you must have bought it else where.

The idea of the "Verify-1" database is rediculous. If you buy things at what 3? different chain stores and happen to want to return all, you might be flagged and denied a return?

Sounds just like this deal with credit cards where you make a late payment to one and they all raise interest rates...

• 2 weeks later...