Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Domain Name Reselling.

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_beatmix01_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_beatmix01_*
  • Member since --

Posted Sep 13, 2004 - 12:43 pm

I am asking here before I go crazy at WHT since I don't feel like filtering through hundreds of threads. What is the best method of reselling domain names?

#2 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 13, 2004 - 1:22 pm

I would recommend joining FixOfTheDay.com which is run by a friendly bunch of domain-a-holics.

Chances are you'll get a resellers account with eNom and you can resell domains for $8.95 (plus any markup you choose to add). There are auctions on eBay for highly coveted eNom domain resellers accounts which are $6.95/yr. However these auctions usually finish around $150 - $200.

The FixOfTheDay folks can probably explain it in more detail.

#3 steveh  OFFLINE  

steveh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 15, 2004 - 5:51 pm

I would recommend joining FixOfTheDay.com which is run by a friendly bunch of domain-a-holics.

Chances are you'll get a resellers account with eNom and you can resell domains for $8.95 (plus any markup you choose to add). There are auctions on eBay for highly coveted eNom domain resellers accounts which are $6.95/yr. However these auctions usually finish around $150 - $200.

The FixOfTheDay folks can probably explain it in more detail.

I'll be more than happy to provide a free enom account (of the $8.95 variety) to anybody that would like one. Just send me a PM...

RossMAN, if this is an inappropriate post, feel free to dump it...

#4 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 15, 2004 - 6:07 pm

steveh, It's totally cool although you should update your sig to plug your services ;) Ross

#5 Hoss  OFFLINE  

Hoss

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 15, 2004 - 7:49 pm

Hmm, I should totally jump on this bandwagon. Would be great to have a centralized place to send people. I've got people paying $15-20 for domains... just not to me. Gotta get shakin' on this. So... say I go overboard and buy a $6.95 account. Would that be a bad thing. Granted, I'd have to resell quite a few domains to justify it... ;)

#6 steveh  OFFLINE  

steveh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 16, 2004 - 7:49 am

Hmm, I should totally jump on this bandwagon. Would be great to have a centralized place to send people. I've got people paying $15-20 for domains... just not to me.

Gotta get shakin' on this.

So... say I go overboard and buy a $6.95 account. Would that be a bad thing. Granted, I'd have to resell quite a few domains to justify it... ;)

Well, it depends on what you'd pay for it. I believe they're going for around $200 on ebay, so it might be worth it, or it might not. (Don't forget you've still gotta fund it, so you're looking at a minimum of another $100 before you're selling -- although this $100 is still technically "yours", you still have to have it to spend up front. This is true of ANY enom account, whether it's a $6.95 account or a $9.95 account, or whatever.)

As I said above, I'll *give* anybody that wants one an $8.95 account for free, so you'd have to sell roughly 100 domains to make up the cost. ($6.95 account costs $200 but makes you a profit $2 higher than the free $8.95 account I'm offering.)

Check out the link in my sig for more details on how these accounts work.

Hmmm... my sig isn't showing up... so... here's the link: http://www.browardhost.com/enom.html

#7 BobbyDouglas  OFFLINE  

BobbyDouglas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 16, 2004 - 7:49 am

The ETP enom accounts usually go for about $200. The other $6.95 ones go for around $150.

The main difference is that the ETP accounts have some .extensions for a few dollars cheaper. Compare http://cgi.ebay.com/...ssPageName=WDVW to http://cgi.ebay.com/...ssPageName=WDVW and you will be able to see the difference between the prices.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users