Best Buy $50 Gift Card with MP3 Player Purchase

halokiti

There's a deal this week where if you buy certain MP3 players they will give you a free $50 gift card. I am just wondering if anyone has bought the MP3 player and got the $50 gift certificate then returned the player. Will Best Buy make the person return the $50 gift card also , void the card, or it's an oversight and the gift card is still usuable? This deal ends tomorrow so I'm in need of a quick answer.

Thanks

They will forget about giving the gift card during the after Christmas returns probaly. Although, it may say on your reciept that you got a free gift card and if you need the reciept to get your money back on the MP3 player, then I don't know what to do. It depends on when you go too. Go during a busy time when the cashier is frustrated and they won't ask.

They will deduct the $50 from your refund amount. For example: if the MP3 player cost $150, when you return it, they will only give you a refund of $100. This has happened to me before. I bought something that came with a gift card, used the gift card and then the item I bought was defective. They refunded me the item price minus the gift card amount. This is done automatically by the computer when they scan your receipt. Maybe if you return it without a receipt?? But then I think they charge a restocking fee like CC does. I dunno about that but good luck!

If you purchase the mp3 player with the intention of returning it minus the gift card, that is a wee bit dishonest. I think that is why they deduct the price from the refund. It is stated on some receipts that if a special item/offer was used, it will be deducted. Which is only fair unless the merchandise is defective. And a word of advice: Don't be obvious about your intentions. Some Best Buy manager could be lurking :-)

I went to Best Buy on Thursday to buy the Sandisk Digital Audio player. It was $99.00 and you would get the $50.00 gift card. Well, I had printed out a page on Circuit City website stating that this exact same MP3 player was on sale for $64.99 normally $79.99. I was told that Best Buy would match CC's prices.

When I went up to BB's checkout counter they said that they would call CC and make sure that that was their price. The clerk comes back and says the this was a $15.00 in-store rebate so I could get it only for $79.99. So I am like okay so I bought it but I think I was suckered. I went out on line today and it says nothing about an in-store only special or a rebate for the $15.00. What do I do now? Can I go back and complain or just leave it be since I got the gift card?

My son has already used this MP3 player and likes it but I feel that I should have gotten it for $64.99 if Best Buy is suppose to match other stores.

When I went up to BB's checkout counter they said that they would call CC and make sure that that was their price. The clerk comes back and says the this was a $15.00 in-store rebate so I could get it only for $79.99. So I am like okay so I bought it but I think I was suckered. I went out on line today and it says nothing about an in-store only special or a rebate for the $15.00. What do I do now? Can I go back and complain or just leave it be since I got the gift card?

I would go back to BB customer service and ask them for proof that this $15 rebate exists?

I am very disappointed in tomorrow's sale paper. I bought the Sandisk 1GB MP3 player about 2 wks ago for $89.99. Now it is $129.99 which almost wipes out the $50 gift card. And nothing else I needed was really on sale.

I just bought one too for 97.99 at CC. Will CC pricematch a gift card deal?