Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2014

Brad

90% in KC. 70% food. Weird thing this year....everything with any kind of food element (martini glass set with a jar of olives, a mug with hot cocoa, a Minnie Mouse with a tiny pack of mints) is part of the food grouping and is 70%. Bummer b/c there were a ton of those items but once you buy things at 90, 70 just doesn't seem to be a good deal anymore.

Anyway, got a ton of stuff!

• Like 1

90/70 here in UT. When I left, I think the only wrapping paper left was either shredded rolls or Justin Bieber. There were still some lights left for 49 cents, I got all excited thinking they were LED, but my husband burst my bubble when I got home. Lots of the boxed ornament sets left, and a whole aisle of M&Ms and kisses at 70% off, which made them about $1 a bag. I bought a bunch and will sort them into red and silver for Valentine's Day, and then green and silver for March/St. Patrick's Day.

On a separate note, I just want to say thanks to the east coast people who post first thing. I've had sick kids home the past two days, and it was so nice to be able to check on here and see that it hadn't gone 90% yet, it is much appreciated!

• Like 3

Just a heads up there's a 4 pack(long box-dark red) of holiday socks by mossimo ringing 1.29. 1 Christmas, 1Valentines, 1 st Patricks Day, and 1 4th of july

http://img1.targetimg1.com/wcsstore/TargetSAS//img/p/14/75/14753631_201310181641_138x138.jpg

The Winter Red Oreos are like over or double stuffed...so yummy.

Thanks to whoever posted about pink paper bought some then realized it goes perfect with the bows in a pack of pink green/orange bows we bought:P Figured orange and green for halloween.

I felt bad for NOT considering getting a tree at 90% off but ours is still good.

Edited by tinkrbel

The hello kitty 4 pk glassware in the pink box in the normal section ( nothing Christmas about them) rang up at 1.99. The Wilton loaf pans, muffin pies etc rang up with the 90% off too. They were not in the Christmas section either

I meant to take a picture of everything I bought but I forgot and I've already put everything away.  Things I found that weren't obviously Christmas are.........

Disney flip key toys (.30)  - These were in the regular section (with the little $3-$5 disney stocking stuffer type toys).  The ones that are 90% have a barcode sticker over the barcode.  Some of the exact same keys are still full price.

From the same section as above with the same type of barcode sticker......

Disney toy cameras 

Disney doodle board
Disney voice recorder

I also found tape, thanks to a friend......  It was a pack of 3 boxes of tape and also had a stickered barcode.  However, the pack of 6 with a stickered barcode was still full price?

Batman toy figure (Batman is red and the package has snowflakes in the background)

Lego Friends sets

Lego train set
^ Both are the little bagged sets.

I just posted pics of my "hidden" finds.. things that might not appear to be in the holiday clearance.  The little rolls of the washi tape i found dark red, gold, and green with white dot.  The large tape dispenser was gray but there were a couple other colors in the big rectangular box.  The scissors only the aqua blue colored ones rang up clearance at my store, but there might be other colors out there.  The tape was the only one ringing up at my store.  Also found one of the Kid Made Modern holiday sets, took a pic though I didn't get it.  Holiday food was 70% here.  Happy hunting to all!

Sorry pics are so small... I can't get them to post bigger.

post-180818-0-20160900-1388869794_thumb.jpg

post-180818-0-45021200-1388869854_thumb.jpg

Edited by boredbread

Had a hard time getting husband out this morning, so didn't make it anywhere until 1pm. But still got a few things, only missed out on one thing I really wanted. I was too stubborn to buy it at 70%. :( Both stores had a good bit of Market Pantry food left, and probably most of what I got was snack food at 70%. Yum.

I scored some free food items today, because I stacked them with coupons. My best score of the day were these men's Mossimo boxer briefs. They were all .59 ea. except for the ones that say happy elfin, those were .39. I bought a total of 12 pairs and still left plenty for others. They were in the men's department mixed in with the original priced briefs. I knew to look for these because of another site I frequent. You should be able to find these too, because these are a hidden find. Happy hunting and let me know if you find them too!

post-174742-0-74320100-1388874575_thumb.jpg

One of the best 90% days for me too- got a tree for the office (the one there was so, so bad and falling apart), four sets of LED lights, some big tinsel trees, a TON of dog toys (my dog is in heaven with all of his new toys- like a second xmas and still a bunch put up!), lots of gift bags, oh, and a few felt "baskets" in a really pretty blue color that I am going to use instead of the fabric baskets for the cube style storage shelves (i am making a new craft desk/counter with those for the  base)- really excited, got all 6 for a little more than half of what one fabric bin costs!!!  Oh, also got a really nice Wilton hand mixer for my mom's bday basket, an ice bucket, and a pretty tray with a deer on it (going to use that in the camper this summer).  Tons of paper plates and napkins as well, they were kind of a purple color, so not too holiday-ish.  I think I spent about $60 between three different stores- filled the back of the SUV!  (It has been snowing pretty good all day, that probably helped me a lot!)

Well of course by the time I got there at 430 it was so picked over. I haven't worked a weekend in years and what does my job do but decide to take over a new project and have mandatory training. Ugh. I gota few of the little boxes of small ornaments and Justin Bieber wrapping paper. There were tons of Hershey kisses and m&ms and big boxes of nice ornaments last night. I was hoping by some miracle there would still be some left but nope! And my target was so packed you would think it was a week before Christmas. Edited by MeliesMom

Did I dream that someone posted a pic of a curling iron that was 90%? I can't find the pic now and I scanned everything with a bow and special edition and no luck.

I don't think mine had a bow. I read somewhere it has to be the curling iron and not the wand. That was the tip that helped me find it. Good luck!

FINALLY found ONE roll of tape at 90% at my local store. It's the Scotch Magic (Matte finish) Invisible tape, 3/4 x 500in roll, green hang tag.

###081060868 Scotch Tape, $0.20

I tried checking the target site for inventory using the item number from my receipt (above), but it didn't find it, or maybe I'm not doing it right. 

Is there a way to check clearance inventory like this online?

Did I dream that someone posted a pic of a curling iron that was 90%? I can't find the pic now and I scanned everything with a bow and special edition and no luck.

not sure but now I'm curious...found this via google. looks like its a remington silk ceramic limited edition one. I may have a look tomorrow if I find the receipt for the chips I need to return. Target sold us expired chips :(

Edited by tinkrbel

If I can score some lighted garland for $1.50 that would be awesome.

Remember how I wanted that garland at $1.50? Well...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/jakesmommy403/target2.png

I scored 7 boxes of it for myself and 4 for my mom!!!  Booyah!! Also, as you can see, I got a bunch of other stuff.  Was excited to find both Jingle and Bell, some Frozen dish sets, and things like PJ's and picture frames! I was there when they opened the doors on Saturday, and for about 45 minutes it was just me and one other lady.  I was able to get everything I was hoping for.  Here are some close-ups of some of my highlights:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/jakesmommy403/target3.jpg

I decided to drive to the other Target that's about 25 minutes away from me this morning just out of curiosity, but it wasn't worth it. From now on I'll just stick to the one by my house.  But I did manage to find a couple of art sets and some Spy Gear at 90% off there. 

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/jakesmommy403/target4.jpg

I stopped back into my Target this afternoon just to see what was left and the place looked like a war zone! I found a few more odds and ends around the store, but this will be it now.  There wasn't anything back in the xmas section except Justin Beiber wrapping paper. Lol

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/jakesmommy403/target5.jpg

All in all I spent $84 on all of this stuff and saved a little under $840 (some of the food was 70%).  So I'm a happy camper!  Didn't get the curling iron because I have curly hair so I don't need one. And my store was all out of the EOS lip balms and Scotch Tape and scissors. I did see some posts online from people scoring some Spin Brushes but all the ones at my store rang up regular price. 

• Like 2

jakesmommy403 - SO jealous of the garland!! There was none left at either store I went to. 

Couldn't make it out yesterday, and I bet anything left today will scan INF.   - -  Please post if anyone gets any hidden finds today that still scan 90%!

I am tempted to go looking for more tape - that's one of my usual things, and since I only got one roll this year, I know my kids will go through what I have too quickly. To quote my FIL, "You can have scotch tape, or you can have kids...but don't expect to have both." I managed to get through this past year with both thanks to finding lots of tape 90% off after last Christmas, not sure what's gonna happen this year!! LOL!!

Wow, you guys are lucky! There was nothing but junk left at 90%....There was NO lights left even at 50% at both my stores, I'm jealous...lol

Not sure of your location..but maybe try Publix if you have any. They had a whole cart of lights left at mine but still 50% off. I should have bought a couple of replacement sets at 70% but wasn't sure if we needed them. think we bought some last year.

Wow, you guys are lucky! There was nothing but junk left at 90%....There was NO lights left even at 50% at both my stores, I'm jealous...lol

Yeah, we have the same problem. Not sure where you live, but in our area it sells out early too. I think the less populated parts of the country have more stores per capita, so there is more left over. It is counter-intuitive, but in the larger cities land is so much more expensive that they build fewer stores. I've also found that areas where there are both Walmart & Target close together, the Walmarts will sell out early, leaving more at Target. I try to hit those stores when I am looking for something specific. Now I will need to troll some grocery & drug stores.