Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2014

Brad

as far as returns, some states require stores to accept returns not matter what and generally that is why some are able to return their holiday purchases to some Target stores.  Our state is not one of those LOL, they accept returns at the present price not what you paid on your receipt unless they have changed which may happen if the laws change  When our store first opened, we were allowed to then they tighten up their policies

• Like 1

as far as returns, some states require stores to accept returns not matter what and generally that is why some are able to return their holiday purchases to some Target stores. Our state is not one of those LOL, they accept returns at the present price not what you paid on your receipt unless they have changed which may happen if the laws change When our store first opened, we were allowed to then they tighten up their policies

Don't want to go too off topic but how do you find out what states must accept the returns?

Still 70 at my Target in southwest PA as of this morning. But I found a ton of the Glad and Zip Lock containers and press n seal wrap! I never find that stuff! 89 cents each. I also got some red Solo plates and Chinette cups. Found some kids' plastic plate and cup sets that weren't Christmas at all but ringing at 70% off! I was hoping to see 90 tomorrow but they were actually bringing out more Christmas stuff from the back, boxes of lighted garland and gift boxes, stuff like that. So I'm thinking they'll give it another day at 70 and then go 90 Saturday morning. I went ahead and got everything I really wanted now at 70% just in case, but I'll be there Saturday morning. If I can score some lighted garland for $1.50 that would be awesome.

I'm just jealous of all of you that don't live in WI. Thanks to our minimum mark-up law, most stores never sell anything at 90% off and we always pay more for everything compared to other states. So, most of our stores are still st 50% and won't go much farther than that. :/

I was able to return my 70% off items today with no problem.

You can return holiday items, but you only get the current selling price in most states. There are a handful of states that require stores to give the original sale price, whatever it was, but the majority allow them to give the current selling price. So, if you bought at 70% and it is still 70%, you get 70%. But when it drops to 90%, even if you bought at 50% or 70%, you only get the 90% price. Again, that is in most states, not all.

I have seen so many "employee told me it might not go 90" comments that I am getting nervous!  I know the rumors come around all the time, there are just a lot more this year!  

They say that almost every time. It will go 90%. There just isn't any reason for it not to. The only reason they salvage earlier for products is if they have a liquidator willing to pay them more than that for it. That's why things like electronics often salvage at 50%. They can get a liquidator to take the whole lot for more than the 70% price, and they don't have to spend man hours stickering it to the new price. Better for them. Not so with holiday merchandise. There is a ton of it out there at every retailer, so they need to unload it for whatever they can get from us.

I'm just jealous of all of you that don't live in WI. Thanks to our minimum mark-up law, most stores never sell anything at 90% off and we always pay more for everything compared to other states. So, most of our stores are still st 50% and won't go much farther than that. :/

Yeah that is a nasty exception. It really isn't right...

Don't want to go too off topic but how do you find out what states must accept the returns?

There isn't an easy way. But this comes up almost every year, and those whose states are exceptions generally chime in. I can never remember if it is Kansas or Missouri, but one of those. Maybe Florida? Those of you in those states ought to mention it.

• Like 1

There isn't an easy way. But this comes up almost every year, and those whose states are exceptions generally chime in. I can never remember if it is Kansas or Missouri, but one of those. Maybe Florida? Those of you in those states ought to mention it.

I remember reading/asking about it last year or the year prior but could not remember the states or if my state was (I blame it on pregnancy brain :)). I believe someone had a nice link that had everything listed nicely.

Wanted to post a random 70% baby clearance item I found today, when most other items are still 30/50% off. It's a Summer Infant 2-Drawer Combo Changer. DPCI: 030-09-2345. Online price says $119.99, but reg store price said $100, so final clearance red tag price was only $29.98.

I really hate it when they markdown on the weekends.  Mainly because I have to bring my kids with me (so I have to be super sneaky buying stocking stuffers, etc), but also because all of the random shoppers just happen upon it since it's Saturday and clear the section faster. 

Vent over.  Just glad to get deals...hoping for tomorrow so I can move on with my life!

Been to 4 stores today. 2 with little left were 90%/50%

Hi! I got off work at noon and went to the 2 Story Target in Pasadena. It indeed was 90%/50% today. I was surprised as I didn't think it would change to 90% until Sat or Sun. It was pretty picked over. Do you know if the Duarte Target went 90% today? Thanks

• Like 1

I really hate it when they markdown on the weekends. Mainly because I have to bring my kids with me (so I have to be super sneaky buying stocking stuffers, etc), but also because all of the random shoppers just happen upon it since it's Saturday and clear the section faster.

Vent over. Just glad to get deals...hoping for tomorrow so I can move on with my life!

I feel the same way!! I hate it when it goes 90 on the weekends. I was so hoping it went 90 today but my store was only 70%. I have mandatory training at my job from 8-5 tomorrow so it's gonna be a no go for 90% off for me this year. Bummer! Edited by MeliesMom

I was able to get 4 Bell sets today after being told at main store during my lunch hour that they had salvaged them because they couldn't sell at 90% :P I returned to the same store AFTER work and found 2 then 2 more and a Jingle at the closer store which salvaged a lot of stuff over the weekend. AND...we overheard the manager at 1st store say he would let people rebuy stuff they'd gotten at 70 for 90 so I'll be taking a couple of the more expensive things for the difference.

• Like 1