Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2014

Brad

Did anyone see the news on Target sticker price codes? Posting below..

Target (aka Tar-zhay)

http://www.rather-be-shopping.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/target.png

Target, the favorite store for those who think they’re above Walmart, is a good place to put your code cracking skills to the test. Thanks to Snopes for helping set the record straight with Target price tags. Here is what you need to know in order to get the best deal:

• Prices ending in .99 – that is full price baby!
  • Prices ending in 8, as in .98, .88, etc. – this is a marked down price of an item on clearance.
  • Prices ending in 4, as in .24, .04, etc.  - this also is a marked down price of an item on clearance. At one point this was considered the final markdown price but that is not accurate anymore.
  • Check out the tiny print!  - check out the above image of the Target price tag. See the tiny number in the circle I drew? That is the markdown percentage of the item from the original price. In this example it says 50, as in 50% off the original price. Target marks down items by the following increments, 15%, 30%, 50%, 75% and 90% off. Typically an item will stay at the current markdown percentage for 10-14 days before getting marked down further.

Did anyone see the news on Target sticker price codes? Posting below..

Target (aka Tar-zhay)

http://www.rather-be-shopping.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/target.png

Target, the favorite store for those who think they’re above Walmart, is a good place to put your code cracking skills to the test. Thanks to Snopes for helping set the record straight with Target price tags. Here is what you need to know in order to get the best deal:

• Prices ending in .99 – that is full price baby!
  • Prices ending in 8, as in .98, .88, etc. – this is a marked down price of an item on clearance.
  • Prices ending in 4, as in .24, .04, etc.  - this also is a marked down price of an item on clearance. At one point this was considered the final markdown price but that is not accurate anymore.
  • Check out the tiny print!  - check out the above image of the Target price tag. See the tiny number in the circle I drew? That is the markdown percentage of the item from the original price. In this example it says 50, as in 50% off the original price. Target marks down items by the following increments, 15%, 30%, 50%, 75% and 90% off. Typically an item will stay at the current markdown percentage for 10-14 days before getting marked down further.

The first 3 items are urban legends, though they often happen to be correct, it isn't a "rule."

The last item is partially correct, that little circle is the percent off, but the progression of increments it lists isn't necessarily true, plus it is rare to find 75% or 90% now.  From my experience non-seasonal clearance usually gets marked down every 2 weeks on that department's markdown day, though that isn't always true either, sometimes it is 1 week, sometimes 3, sometimes other.

• Like 1

Well, I'll be darned...1 of my 2 stores did indeed go 90% today. And, yes, it just went 70% yesterday. Signs were still 70%. For those around me, it is the 2 story store in Pasadena, and they had the most left. Makes it tempting for me to drive out to La Verne & San Dimas to check, but I hate to waste the gas. This store has a lot of tablecloths and such. candy was still 50%.

Roswell nm 90% including dollar spot!!! Still just 50% on candy. Figure 70% on Monday...

Don't forget to print out M&ms and starburst/skittles coupons on target.com

Best score was Chapstick brand Chapstick 4 for .49. They have other cutesy brands but I stuck with chapstix

Easter and dollar spot salvaged although I found one Easter item and it still rang up 90% off. Good deal on the Ziploc bags on sale. I wanted the snack size bags for my OCC shoebox items. 300 count for $6.49 and if you buy three you get a $5.00 gift card. I noticed .50 coupons on some of the boxes and they worked so I got the 300 count for 5.99 each and the $5.00 gift card. A really good deal! Also they had a price markdown on the 4 pk kids Peanuts toothbrushes for $1.49. Good price for a set of 4. Bought 8 sets for the shoeboxes.

does anyone know when electronics was last marked down? do they usually jump from 10-30% off or slower? I'm watching some tv's for my aunt

Saw them mark the Westinghouse ones down on Monday. But that is all they have left here. Everything else is gone except floor models.

• 1 month later...

Marking summer seasonal at our store also- some solar rock lights (I think?) were 50% off, and patio umbrellas marked down too but i cant remember how much.  Looks like they were getting ready for back to school in our store also, hoping for some good summer clearance!

Saw markdowns in electronics.  Ones I remember were PSP Pirates of Caribbean down 50%, lots of cases for phones/tablets 30%-70% off, electronic bracelet for storing medical info marked down 70%, mini speakers for ipods 50-70% off, some PS3 games, but can't remember which titles were 50% off.  If you're already in store, might be worth a look.

Picked up the Champion drawstring backpacks for 1.48 down from 5 bucks.  These were a great find as my sons are always needing something lightweight to carry around a change of clothes/shoes from pool hopping or tournaments.

Edited by txsupermom

The few stores I've been to lately have their patio stuff already marked down 50% off and almost everything is gone!  :(  Pretty disappointed in that as I'm always able to grab something big at 70% off.  Pretty sad.  Items that I have been watching (bedding) seems like they have been marked 30% off for almost a month now.  I guess it's good I can walk in and out with only what I really went in for.  Missing the good deals.....

• Like 1