Analysts say Cyber Monday sales set to hit record

Brad

http://news.yahoo.com/earlier-usual-online-deals-steal-cyber-monday-thunder-173218886--sector.html

U.S. online sales are expected to hit $2 billion on "Cyber Monday," for the first time since the data firm comScore has been tracking such information.

A 20 percent increase is expected to come even after many consumers shopped earlier when retailers started offering their "Cyber Monday" deals on Sunday.

As of 12 p.m. EST, online sales were up 21.4 percent on "Cyber Monday," according to IBM Digital Analytics Benchmark.

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu300/24hrdejavu/psychedelic_trip_spin-animated.gif

Brad, I think they call this spin.  The media is simply reprinting press releases from those who want to create an illusion that stuff is selling well and consumers had better get busy before everything is gone.  My email says there is lots still available for me to choose from and I will get BF prices until they fall further.  It's going to be a disappointing season for retailers.  Lower margins and excess inventory will impact their bottom lines.  Yeah for consumers!

I'm not sure this is an entirely economic issue.  I know a lot of people who ventured out.  They came home with the most steeply discounted bargains -- and nothing else.  I usually swing through Staples to stock up on consumables, but I don't need anything.

Most of my Christmas shopping was done last month.  I'm shopping for a deal on an 8.9" Fire HDX and a 5" or 7" GPS.  I'd take a 60"+ LED for my pool room, but it can wait -- until prices drop even more.

I propose we continue with Black December deals and discussions.  Open fresh topics and compile lists of BTBF (better than Black Friday) deals.

Edited by len_mullen
  • Like 1

It really seems to me that even more deals are available for a longer period of time.  Like Len alluded to, perhaps it's because of excess inventories that need to be depleted.

It seems that some of these companies are trying to create a Black Friday Week and a Cyber Monday Week...  How long till the consumers become overwhelmed by having too many deal e-mails and pages of specials to look through?

I know that I never made it through all of the Newegg offers because there were just too many and the real deals didn't jump out at me compared to the so-so specials (but perhaps that's the point).

• Like 1

I dunno.......I didnt see anything to get excited about Cyber Monday and by then I had blown most of my money because the Black Friday deals started on the previous Sunday! There were alot of things I would have bought online IF AVAILABLE but they were Thursday sales and I won't leave a Thanksgiving gathering to go shopping. I have had much better luck in years past but that's just me.

Let's hope the best deals are ahead.  I'd like to steal a really nice 60" tv set for my pool room.  

Since BF, I have a couple small purchases.  Yesterday I wooted three new Roku 2 XS streamers @ $60 each.  They threw in an extra controller as well.  Very nice deal -- don't really want to gift a refurb.  I also grabbed three Simple DVRs @ $90 each.  I am really falling in love with these.

Last night I grabbed a Philips OTA DVR (Model: HDR5750/F7).  This wasn't a great deal and it is not what I wanted, so it may go back.  I really want a couple K77s, but it doesn't look like Santa is going to get any this year.