corralled off areas?

KBsDarling

Visited 2 walmarts. the main one we went to had everyone stand in a HUGE line (easily 7-8 aisles snaked back) and would let 5-8 people into a roped off area with that had tablets tvs printers headphones as well as lots of little items (sd cards screen protectors etc) They also did this for ALL movies/Blu Rays and the video games/controllers 

The 2nd one we just stopped by real quick to grab something and while talking with workers they mentioned they just did a line for each item. 

Would have preferred a line for each item. Had to pick up a tv for my dad and we stood for 2 hours + with everyone that wanted the instock guarantee items to get a fairly unpopular size of tv. Wouldnt be shocked if we were the only ones that wanted it LOL...

I understand the thought process behind only letting a few into are at a time but honestly wasnt a fan of this set up. Wasted a HUGE amount of time and as we were snaked in the aisles had no way to know if they had ran out of an item before being one of the 5-8 let in to roped area

Was this a per store manager decision as to how to do? 

My Walmart did this also.  We weren't able to take our carts down the aisle either.  The problem was the aisles were so congested that there was no way to get to any other part of the store.   You were basically stuck in a line regardless if you wanted to be in it or not.   

As for the tvs, you had to stand in one line to get the voucher on the other side of the store that were handing out the tvs.  Why not just hand out of voucher with everyone else picking up the tv??  

I liked the lines being controlled.  In years past, people started ripping into the shrink wrap before the start time, but in another way it made things too confusing and complicated.

Oh and then they were tons of people waiting in the video game aisle just to be told if they wanted a one hour guarantee game than that was is a separate area.  

As for the tvs, you had to stand in one line to get the voucher on the other side of the store that were handing out the tvs.  Why not just hand out of voucher with everyone else picking up the tv??  

I liked the lines being controlled.  In years past, people started ripping into the shrink wrap before the start time, but in another way it made things too confusing and complicated.

No corrals here.

At our store they explained the line was separate from ticket to avoid crazy people rushing to get items and toppling stuff over like I've seen in so many of the videos today. It annoyed me at the time because we were standing around the sheets and they had the funai tv's in an aisle just across from us and people kept asking to get around me to go stand in front of tv's before WM rep would explain that the line was elsewhere.

Overall the local WM was very organized this year and I was able to get everything I wanted and then some. So I'll have a bad back for a few days because of carrying around stuff that I shoudn't......I'll live.

Edited by tinkrbel