Black Friday Car Deals?

ralykaje

Anyone aware of history on what car manufacturers / dealers have offered Black Friday or Thanksgiving Week special incentives in the past?  May be in the market for a new car and wondering if I should be considering next weekend to make the plunge.  

Edited by ralykaje

My guess is that some dealers will say that they are offering Black Friday deals in ads, but the deals will not be any different than the deals they offer other weeks.

The best deals are likely when they move out the end of the current year's models to bring in next year's models, and for most I think that already happened sometime in the summer/early fall.

I spoke to a new car salesman several years ago about when is the best time to purchase. He told me that August is when the sales people are the most hungry because many people are more concerned about back to school instead of purchasing a car.  Christmas (December) is a good time for the SALESMAN as many people want to purchase a car for Christmas. 

There are no good Black Friday deals on car purchases.  They are just trying to get people to visit them.  Figure out which vehicle you want to purchase first.  Going to CarMax or some other large used car dealership that does not harass you will help you figure out which model you prefer.  Then research what deals are available on the web.  THEN visit a dealership armed with the knowledge of what you should pay. 

Good luck!

The best day of the year to shop for a car is the day that you have done your research, comparison shopped thoroughly, and are ready to negotiate with a dealer or identify a best offer through online means.

The worst day of the year to buy a car is the day you walk into a dealer unprepared, take their word for how fantastic their deals are, and sign on the dotted line without doing your own comparison research in advance.