Weather on Thanksgiving / Black Friday

mcwalker

Final UPDATE 11/27 9AM EST:

Here is the current (as of 11/27 9AM) forecast map for Thanksgiving Day 11/28:

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af182/mcwalker59/ThursdayForecast201311279AM.jpg

And here is the forecast for Black Friday 11/29 (as of 11/27 9AM):

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af182/mcwalker59/FridayForecast201111279AM.jpg

Thursday: Mostly lake effect snow around the Great Lakes, but smaller area than in previous forecasts.   Gusty winds in the morning in New York City will require Macy's to keep some balloons out of the parade and others lower to the ground. (That is where I will be tomorrow morning.)  Just a bit of rain/snow around the Sierras in California, but the "coast is clear" of rain Thursday.

It will be Cool to COLD for much of the country.

Friday: the snow in the northeast backs off (but Buffalo and Erie snowy as "always").  Rain for the southern California coast and around Seattle (but they are used to it).

This is the final update. Everyone have fun out there and stay warm!

If you want to tell about your local forecast, be sure to say where you live.

Edited by mcwalker

Mid Atlantic it's cold as heck today, in the upper 20's to around 30.  Chance of parcipitation Tues and Wednesday (90% on Wed).  They don't know if it will be rain of snow as the models haven't converged on that yet.  Thursday (probably a cold rain).  Thanksgiving day supposed to be partly sunny but highs in the low 30's.  I pity the campers at BB.  I'll be at Walmart around noon - a 24 hour store where we line up indoors. 

high is 32, low is 19.

as long as there is no snow storm all is well...for most.

Thursday, November 28 28 Feels like 23 23 20% http://s.theweathernetwork.com/images/icons/wxicons_small/a.png Sunny Friday, November 29 32 Feels like 28 19 0% http://s.theweathernetwork.com/images/icons/wxicons_small/a.png Sunny

lol.just great football game on thanksgiving will remember to wear long johns or UA !!

Edited by stevierocks
  • Like 1

Thank you for sharing these forecasts and keeping them up to date but if I may they don't paint the whole picture. You have the forecasts for Thursday and Friday which is great but a lot of people will be lining up on Wednesday, possibly even as early as tomorrow. It is these two days that will suck the most for folks in the northeast. There is a winter storm that will move across the northeast Tuesday and Wednesday. Nothing too severe though from what I've read/seen. Even so depending when you intend to line up you could have an ugly start to your camp out!

Thank you for sharing these forecasts and keeping them up to date but if I may they don't paint the whole picture. ...

Absolutely.  Anyone planning to line up early should check out your local 5-day forecast and even take a look at the hourly info on weather.com.  And I am sure I don't have to tell anyone here (unlike that lady who looked uprepared with her lawn chair and umbrella), that you will be a lot colder sitting around than you are walking.  So, unless you are in south Florida, dress extra warm!

Edited by mcwalker

Final update for the maps is on the first post.

Thursday: Mostly lake effect snow around the Great Lakes, but smaller area than in previous forecasts.   Gusty winds in the morning in New York City will require Macy's to keep some balloons out of the parade and others lower to the ground. (That is where I will be tomorrow morning.)  Just a bit of rain/snow around the Sierras in California, but the "coast is clear" of rain Thursday.

It will be Cool to COLD for much of the country.

Friday: the snow in the northeast backs off (but Buffalo and Erie snowy as "always").  Rain for the southern California coast and around Seattle (but they are used to it).

This is the final update. Everyone have fun out there and stay warm!

Here I sit with the kids. No school today. Got hit with over 6 inches of snow. Husband is out using the snow blower now. Road crew hasn't come to our neighborhood as yet. Only hope things clear up enough for shopping tomorrow. I know Ohio has some crazy weather, but this is the first time in such a long time for snow on Black Friday.