What time do you plan to get in line or arrive at your first store this year?

mcwalker

What time do you plan to get in line or arrive at your first store this year?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What time do you plan to get in line or arrive at your first store this year?

• Sometime Before Wednesday 7:55 AM
    • Wednesday 8:00 AM to 7:55 PM
    • Wednesday 8:00 PM to 11:55 PM
    • Thanksgiving Midnight to 7:55 AM
    • Thanksgiving 8:00 AM to 1:55 PM
    • Thanksgiving 2:00 PM to 3:55 PM
    • Thanksgiving 4:00 PM to 5:55 PM
    • Thanksgiving 6:00 PM to 6:55 PM
    • Thanksgiving 7:00 PM to 7:55 PM
    • Thanksgiving 8:00 PM to 11:55 PM
    • Black Friday Midnight to 5:55 AM
    • Black Friday 6:00 AM to 8:55 AM
    • After Friday 9:00 AM (late to the party)
    • Not going to any stores--Online is the only way to go!
    • Not shopping online or in stores (What am I doing here?)
  2. 2. Do you expect to (check all that apply):

• Shop from Thanksgiving straight through the night to Friday morning.
    • Shop on Thanksgiving evening, get some sleep, then go back out Friday morning.
    • Only shop on Black Friday, not Thanksgiving.
    • Shop in my pajamas. (I am not talking about people at Walmart.)
    • Stay at my computer monitoring GottaDeal.com. (Brad and virtual shoppers.)
    • Shop on Thanksgiving Day (and night) only, not on Black Friday

It all depends on how quickly my turkey cooks this year.  I always plan to eat around 2 but inevitably, we're still waiting for the turkey to finish cooking an hour or so later.  If I can get dinner on the table on time for once, we should be done eating in time for me to get to TRU early enough.

I said between 8-11:55 on thanksgiving. I also voted go out, come back and get some sleep then go back out, but that's because we've done that for the past 2 years. More stores are opened tday night now though, so we might just stay out all night going to different places. And by the 5am showings, we might still be up and out for those.

What stores and what time will depend on how on line works this year. I'll be heading out Thanksgiving night for sure for the fun of it, but which stores and time really depends on what items I can score from my list on line.

Last year I did the door busters. I then headed up home, picked up the 19 year old and headed back out so he could experience Black Friday crowds. He got to see the lines, but not experience the lines. If I can score his items on my list on line, I'm taking him out this year to experience the real deal- Door busters!

There are no choices in the second poll so I couldn't cast my vote in the first.  How about "shopping thursday only" because I have to work on Friday or "other" and fill in the blank?

I added a shop on Thursday only option.  No way to have a fill in the blank question here.

You should be able to cast a "vote" on one question without the other, and you can also return and change your responses later with this new Forum software.

...I then headed up home, picked up the 19 year old and headed back out so he could experience Black Friday crowds. He got to see the lines, but not experience the lines. If I can score his items on my list on line, I'm taking him out this year to experience the real deal- Door busters!

I thought 18/19/20 year-olds were MADE for Black Friday!  (But best to conceal presents from the people they are for.)