Walmart Announces they will match competitors BF prices a week before BF

nikkilugi

OK, but if you have to BRING the ads, they don't come out til Thanksgiving, unless they have it posted online on the retailer's website sooner, since I suppose they'd be considered "unofficial" until then, right??

The sale they will have this Friday will be items they have chosen. They won't be price matching bf ads in the traditional sense that day. 

If you have the physical bf ad ON bf, they will price match those items during the hours of the sale in the ad if it's the exact item Walmart carries.

• Like 3

The sale they will have this Friday will be items they have chosen. They won't be price matching bf ads in the traditional sense that day. 

If you have the physical bf ad ON bf, they will price match those items during the hours of the sale in the ad if it's the exact item Walmart carries.

Thanks for the clarification...I think the confusion for me was because everyone is talking about PMing Skylanders Swap Force, and obviously, that is in the BF ads...

"On Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday and any of their shopping trips, customers can take advantage of the everyday ad match policy* available at Walmart stores. If a customer spots a lower price on an advertised item, and comes into a Walmart store during the same day and time that the competitor’s ad is valid, Walmart will match the price at the register."

"Christmas Ad Match" is the term they're using regarding adjusting prices on items you have already purchased when you find a lower price. They're saying that, on BF, they will not give the difference back for items you've already purchased prior to that day. They WILL, however, price match items you are buying THAT DAY...during the times the prices are valid in the competitors ad. Basically, no adjustments on prior purchases with Black Friday ads.

I THINK THIS POST explains it the difference the most clearly, and concisely.

Edited by allshoppedout
  • Like 2

I have never posted before - just kept up with things.

If I order online, sometimes the site is so busy, things sell out before my order goes through. If I put it in my cart before 8. then update the cart a minute or so after, do you think the price will change in the cart?

so is this correct- I can go online this Friday-11-22---- order items from walmart.com--- and know from already BF posted ads-that target/kmart etc. even walmart has that item for a lower price that I can get the difference on a gift card later?

it does not say they will not PM i have no clue where your reading into that.

it clearly says in your post that they will, you must have the ad with you, restrictions do apply as always

The issue was already settled in another thread. This Walmart special event is confusing things again! lol. :homer: :homer: :homer:

• Like 3

so is this correct- I can go online this Friday-11-22---- order items from walmart.com--- and know from already BF posted ads-that target/kmart etc. even walmart has that item for a lower price that I can get the difference on a gift card later?

No. You're thinking of the Christmas Ad Match. They will not do Black Friday sales on the Christmas Ad Match.  

However, under their regular price match policy, if you have Target's (or any other store in your area) ad ON Black Friday and take it to Walmart during the hours of the sale in the ad, they will match the prices in the ad as long as they have the exact item.  

Does that make sense?

Thanks bopeep- but I am only able to order online as I need to ship everything so I guess I am out of luck??? Right?? I thought I had read that walmart .com was price matching on the 22nd.?

They're not price matching bf ads on the 22nd...they're going to have select items for sale at the advertised bf prices. So, you won't need the ads from the other stores for these items. The Skylanders set, etc, will be listed at the sale price.

Tiny print on the bottom of ad says "Prices not valid in Wisconsin". That stinks.

In my experience, SOME prices are not available in Wisconsin.  WI and a few other states have minimum markup laws that prohibit some items being sold at the nationally advertised price.  The only items I have personally had trouble with were super-cheap DVDs.  They were still available in my store, but at a higher price.

Not sure if this is and option for you, but I was able to get around it by ordering (my account, my WI information) and having them shipped to my mom in IL.  Cheating?  Perhaps, but they were gifts for someone in who lives in IL, so they never crossed the border.  Blurry line.

in previous years, no, they didnt open layaway till like 8am on Friday morning

Thanks but the question was for the presale on the 22nd. I did not see anything regarding lay away being closed on the 22nd but I wanted to confirm. I'll ask when I go in on the 22nd.

Thanks but the question was for the presale on the 22nd. I did not see anything regarding lay away being closed on the 22nd but I wanted to confirm. I'll ask when I go in on the 22nd.

oh sorry, i would guess you could. as long as they meet the current terms. minimum $15 and whatever allowed areas.

• Like 1

Incase anyone is wondering, I asked at my Target this morning if they would price match the 11/22 Walmart sale.  This is what I was told:

They will not price match using the paper ad because Walmart's price is already a pricematch to another store.  If they were to not have advertised it as such, they would be able to.  However, if Walmart.com has the sale price listed on their website, AND the item is IN STOCK on the website, you can get the sale price matched.  As far as printing off the ad, and trying to get a match, it's a no-go.  Does that make sense?

This may vary from store to store, so it may be different in your area.

Anybody know if TRU will price match? I'm hoping to get swap force but if they were out I was wanting to try my luck at TRU!

** Edited: I asked them today and they said any ad with ANY wordage of Black Friday they will not price match including Pre-Black Friday~

Edited by princessbsl45