Walmart Announces they will match competitors BF prices a week before BF

nikkilugi

I really need to get Skylanders Swap Force...  I am wondering which would be my best bet... ordering online with in-store pickup or having it shipped from Walmart.com?  I can't make it to the store until 10am that day, and things would likely be sold out by then.... wonder if Amazon will be matching their price, or if I could price match at Target?  Hmmmmm....

Edited by AudreyNicole

Examples of toys and electronics that are part of Walmart’s pre-Black Friday saving event, while supplies last, include:  

Toys:

• LeapPad 2 – WAS: $79, NEW PRICE: $39.99
  • Little Tikes Cozy Coupe – WAS: $49.87, NEW PRICE: $34.99 
  • Nerf Rebelle Crossbow – WAS: $19.88, NEW PRICE: $11.99
  • Monopoly Board Game – WAS: $7.77, NEW PRICE: $5
  • Hot Wheels Single Car – WAS: .97 cents, NEW PRICE: .60 cents 
Electronics:

• LG 50-inch HDTV – WAS: $598, NEW PRICE: $448
  • Skylanders and Infinity Starter Packs – WAS: $74.96, NEW PRICE: $37
  • Select PS4 and Xbox One Video Games such as Call of Duty: Ghosts, NBA 2K14 and Battlefield 4 – WAS: $59.96, NEW PRICE: $49

Link's working now, thanks.

Whoo-Hoo!   This looks pretty exciting to me!  I'd love to get Skylanders Swapforce for DS, but $40 is my limit and I don't think I'll be able to do this year's 5-8 pm start times.  I was hoping to be able to order one online, but picking it up in store before BF (and not having to worry about cancelled orders!) would be even better.

• Like 1

It looks like they want to get everyone shopping early.  They still wont PM on Black Friday. 

The fine print:

*Editor’s Note:
Christmas Ad Match applies to in-store prices only and excludes Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday ads.

Walmart stores will match the price of any local competitor’s printed ad for an identical product.  Restrictions apply. 1 Hour Guarantee items not available for ad match.

It looks like they want to get everyone shopping early.  They still wont PM on Black Friday. 

The fine print:

it does not say they will not PM i have no clue where your reading into that.

it clearly says in your post that they will, you must have the ad with you, restrictions do apply as always

• Like 1

THey are definitely price matching, NOT XMAS MATCH, which is different. People need to realize these are 2 different things. THe one they WON"T do is for you to buy it a week early and then want them to do the xmas price match where they give you the difference back. They will definitely price match which it clearly states in that announcement. 

• Like 3

"On Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday and any of their shopping trips, customers can take advantage of the everyday ad match policy* available at Walmart stores. If a customer spots a lower price on an advertised item, and comes into a Walmart store during the same day and time that the competitor’s ad is valid, Walmart will match the price at the register."

"Christmas Ad Match" is the term they're using regarding adjusting prices on items you have already purchased when you find a lower price. They're saying that, on BF, they will not give the difference back for items you've already purchased prior to that day. They WILL, however, price match items you are buying THAT DAY...during the times the prices are valid in the competitors ad. Basically, no adjustments on prior purchases with Black Friday ads.

Okay might be a stupid question but, Will Walmart be price matching all of their competitors bf prices or just select items? The article says excludes bf and thanksgiving but then says they will price match under regular ad match policy but, I'm assuming we can't take bf ads in on Friday and get those prices! Wishful thinking

Okay might be a stupid question but, Will Walmart be price matching all of their competitors bf prices or just select items? The article says excludes bf and thanksgiving but then says they will price match under regular ad match policy but, I'm assuming we can't take bf ads in on Friday and get those prices! Wishful thinking

read the post just above yours

Guess I will be going to Walmart bright and early instead of kmart...walmart is closer...plus I can scope out other items that are going to be up at 6:00pm that evening...I am sure that is walmarts whole idea right??

this announcement is for THIS friday at 8am not next week

• Like 1

Will they have all items that are listed in their competitors add's that Walmart also carries for the competitors price?

No they won't have all of them. They'll likely just cherry pick a few items from each store that they can afford to match without losing much, if any, $ on. This is not going to be a huge sale with hundreds of items from every competitor. There will be a few deals, but don't get your hopes up. They likely gave the "highlights" of the sale (i.e. the best items) in the press release.

• Like 2