Sony Blu-Ray Players on Black Friday

Sim31

I was looking at the Sony BDP S3100 and the BDP 52100 and they both look similar but not sure what the big difference is about them.  the S3100 has specs I found on google but the 52100 must be just manufactured for just black friday only.  Does anybody know what the big difference is? also on the front of the bluray players do they have display where it shows for example if your watching a movie or a video off a USB flash drive, it shows how far your into it, like 30 minutes into it, and such or does it just show a bluray symbol in the front when its on? Any help would be appreciated!

I can tell you I just got the BX510 which my understanding is the same except the 5100 doesn't come the hdmi cable and the 510 does. It's sweet.

I'm not into the 3d functionality of it. I prefer to go up in functionality in electronics than down since electronics go out of date so quickly. I wanted wireless wifi functionally. I have amazon prime and it works like a charm on the bx510. The 510 had all I needed in the box, was easy to hook up and the menu was a breeze.

My understanding there's the 110/1100 which is not wireless

310/3100 which is wireless, 2d viewing

510/5100 wireless, 3d

I paid $5.00 more for the 510 than what I could have gotten the 310 so I went with the more. I got it new for $59.

Both Walmart and Target have Sony blu ray players as door busters. From the post, I think Sim31 was asking to have a better understanding of the door busters. I knew the 3100, but haven't seen the 2100 before. Do you know the specs on the BX210/2100?

Perhaps you know the comparable model # and features made by other manufactures to the Sony BDP-BX510/5100, BDP-BX310/3100 and BDP-BX210/2100?