Will Best Buy come back swinging, or is the is the Best they have?

jaymacfla

By now, most of you have seen what the major players have to offer. The reports around the web are not favorable for my favorite store on Black Friday. Even my overly-excited, front page popping TV offering euphoria has worn out it's welcome. It seems like they are not willing to even play the last minute addition game that Sears is going and doing right now, with supplemental flyers. Did anyone see the latest offering by sears? A 4K HDTV  55 inches for $849? Only 2 per store, but at least they have to be given credit for offering it!

Now, let's flash back to 2006, 2007.  Best Buy was being ridiculed for having mediocre ads. I remember the complaints on the line in front of the store, until they passed out a supplemental flyer that saved the day with some last minute great offerings. Could Best Buy do this again? We have heard talk of this revival of the competition between Walmart and Best Buy, even though many did not seem to think they were even in the same category to compete.

Now, back to the 4K TV. This was "predicted" and then just magically surfaced. My question to you is then, "Where are the cheap Plasmas, and LCD TVs which are missing from the predictions?" We have heard that Plasma is on it's way out. This should not be construed as a "Pass" by retailers who want to get them cleared off their shelves. What I am hinting at is the possibility that we may see these in the form of "Secret sale" items, and possibly in the cards as ticketed items in supplemental flyers to be handed out.

I know that we have employees from Best Buy and other stores that frequent these boards. If you are hiding these items from us then I salute you. Good play on your part and put out the best jab when you swing for the shopping dollar this season. On the other hand, of this is all we can expect from the ad, this should be considered a 4th quarter challenge to bring out the best you can, and compete like no other electronics retailer can.

What is your prediction for Best Buy? Do you think they are hiding anything? Let's hear it from you, the forum members!

I have no idea, BB is the one place I have no friends or relatives working.

My guess is they absolutely have to do something, especially with WM price matching everything on the planet now.  It would be a pretty bad move not to.

(I'm in the minority that said "meh" when I saw the ad, I thought at that point they were keeping the good stuff for later)

Well, from the look of things, that was the best they were willing to offer. Only the XBOX One was a surprise. With the problems it is having, I will count it a swing and a miss. my overall experience was great, but we never expect much other than the consistent quality of items that they offer.

We were at Best Buy at 8:15 and it was not nearly as crowded as last year at 1:15am.   They were on the intercom begging people to buy the $99 Kindles.  I am afraid that Best Buy may go the way of Circuit City with the competition from Wal Mart/Amazon/Sams/Cosco/Target.