HP PRINTERS @ Wally

allshoppedout

I was considering either of the 2 wireless Printers in BF ad, does anyone have experience with the HP ENVY printers?

I have seen some reviews (saying model(s) that look similar to ones in ad don't have a feeder, isn't that what makes the paper go into printer?

why would a wireless printer (if you were sending something from your phone tablet, etc wirelessly so you'd have it right away i.e. you are not necessarily standing in the same room,) without a feeder be any good?

so wouldnt it continually jam?

Here is what I want out of a printer:

under 75 $ lower the better

wireless

prints, copies, scans

doesn't use a ton of ink resulting in costing me a fortune. 

I've honestly switched to Canon from HP and Lexmark. I went to Amazon found one I could get ink for cheap and then got the printer. I have a Canon MG5220, great prints, fast, scans, faxes copies all the needed functions. I just bought ink for it last month on amazon got 4 complete sets and with shipping I spent under $18.

I've honestly switched to Canon from HP and Lexmark. I went to Amazon found one I could get ink for cheap and then got the printer. I have a Canon MG5220, great prints, fast, scans, faxes copies all the needed functions. I just bought ink for it last month on amazon got 4 complete sets and with shipping I spent under $18.

Thank you for your input, I do see that the ink is less expensive, but printer ranges from 99-238 and some of the reviews are awful, seems like that is what I find with every printer I look at-- 100 good reviews, 30 bad, 339  great, 100 awful... I don't know how to make a reasonable decision *sigh

I have a HP wireless printer, and I can never get it to connect to my wireless network.  

would you mind telling me model, so i AVOID that one, if you have the time to look & post. Thanks :)

I'm in the same market. I'm putting together my own black friday chart for these in an Excel doc and will offer it to the mods if my life stops getting in the way of my BF deal hunting :) I will certainly let you know when I get it done if youd like to take a look.

The Envy line is personally new to me and had never heard of them til the ads came out and I started seriously looking. I knkw of the Photosmart, Deskjet, and OfficeJet and now they bring a nen one in on me. Not even sure where it fits in to all those.

I've had two HP printers in the past and both of them had trouble with wireless printing.  They would never wake up.  It was really annoying.  We even have a high end corporated HP at work and it suffers the same wakeup problem.  I now have a Canon Pixma MG6120 and it's amazing.  I buy my ink from monoprice.com at a fraction of the cost, $5 a cartridge instead of $15 from Staples and haven't noticed a difference.  Bottom line, I would avoid HP.