Question About the Kindle Fire

losmabies

All:

I posted this question on the general discussion tablet thread, but no one has answered.  I am getting each one of my kiddos one of the Kindles and I had a question about cases.

I want to order a case for it as well, but I was wondering if the Kindle cases are pretty standard or since this is a previous generation model, will it require a different case.  We are mainly an Apple family and I know that each time a new generation of something comes out, the old cases won't work with them.  I was not sure if that was the same thing with the Kindles.

TIA for any help you can give.

Which kindle are you getting?  Kindle fire HD 7" for $139?  If so, search for Kindle Fire Hd 7" case.

If it is the older model that is non HD, make sure you search for Kindle fire 7" and the description will usually say something like..."Kindle Fire Cover, Black (will not fit HD or HDX models)

Hope this helps! :) 

Yes, hopefully the sellers will be clear, when I purchased the Kindle 7 in. last year (non-HD) thru Amazon and looked for a case (on Amazon) it was plastered everywhere on each case description: WILL NOT FIT blah blah blah, or ONLY FOR, blah blah...

also I'm not sure how eager you are to save more $ but I know 5 Below often has cases for former generations of various e-readers/ tablets--although they are not the "official case normally" just thought I'd mention it.

I found my case at a real bargin on amazon the same week I bought the kindle, I think it was less than 8 dollars, lol and it still looks brand new.

HTH

My son and daughter both have marware cases. They are the better ones but I got htem for 12.00 apiece on sale. THey allow you to use it as a stand also. SOme of the cases will fit other models. , for instance I make kindle keyboard cases and my daughters fire fits tightly in one of htem and my niece put her baby kindle in one.  It should say previous generation HD, but it may not if it's an old ad

I am not sure if I should line up at the store or try to get one online. I only need 1 for DD and my aunt wants 1 also for her DD. If I cannot get it online when should I line up? The opening times are so strange that it has me confused!!:) If I have to I can get it at Office Max but would really like to save the money for the case and stylus. Any suggestions???

I am not sure if I should line up at the store or try to get one online. I only need 1 for DD and my aunt wants 1 also for her DD. If I cannot get it online when should I line up? The opening times are so strange that it has me confused!! :) If I have to I can get it at Office Max but would really like to save the money for the case and stylus. Any suggestions???

In the past, they have not typically had the front page door busters online.  But of course that can always change.

Those are ticketed items, and it says tickets will be handed out up to 2 hours before.  I guess it would really depend how many are available on how early to line up, but at the very least 2 hours, most likely way earlier. I don't see in the ad where it says the min per store.

• Like 1