Items That Get Returned The Most

XavierDiaz

My son has had trouble with a lot of the plastic Transformers toys. I don't think he's overly hard on them, but when he tries taking them out of the package, a lot of times a piece will break off. Other than that, I don't think I've ever returned anything faulty. I have returned clothes that didn't fit, or an item that I bought for someone (usually my parents) that they tell me cost too much so they had me return it and keep the money.

I bet DVDs get returned often. I bet people just grab all the cheap DVDs everywhere from shelves passing by that they get home and have no idea what they have purchased and return them. 

I also wonder how many claim to have no receipt and then get more money in store credit...

I've had good luck with my BF purchases. The only thing I've ever had to return from Black Friday due to it not working properly were some RC cars, so no biggie.  I did hear from quite a few people who bought the off-brand tablets from places like Kohls that those things are junk and either were returned or just thrown away. 

I bet this is often from people finding better deal later, not that there was something wrong with the tv. 

It is both. The better deal is learning not to buy trash TVs from Walmart in the first place. They do have nice TVs, but seldom sell them as their loss leaders. Walmart does have some standouts this year, but most are easy to pick through as undesirable.

I see a LOT of electronics get returned to Best Buy a week or so after. I think people hang out thinking they are going to get all these awesome deals and then flog it on ebay or craigs and make a ton. Then they realize that it's not happening and they return it to get their money back.