walmart will price match ads on black friday

kelly558

I was told today that Walmart will not be price matching ads for black Friday. that they will only price match on that day for the normal things. any one else heard this?

The ad clearly states that they will for the exact item. Here is where you are directed to when you click on the ad:http://challenge.walmart.com/lowpriceguarantee/

Then you will see "See full policy for Details" and you will be directed here:http://corporate.walmart.com/ad-match-guarantee

We can't be any more clear on the match policy in force on Black Friday, as well as the Thursday that precedes it. Please do not confuse it with the Christmas ad match. All items must be purchased in-store at Walmart  during the hours specified on the competitors ad. You cannot purchase the item elsewhere and bring the receipt in for a match or a giftcard award.

show us proof of what you say as there is nothing that says otherwise

This is from WM's website: (I boled and underlined the relevant part)

Our stores will match a competitor's printed ad, on an identical item, from now until Dec. 24.  Offer excludes:  Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday ads, expired ads, offers with gift cards, internet pricing, percentate-off ads, clearance or ads with typographical errors, private-label items, alcohol, tobacco prescription drugs, optical, and wireless products that require a service agreement.

This is found here:  http://www.walmart.com/cp/Christmas-Ad-Match/1159720?povid=P1171-C1110.2784+1715.2777-L0

TV's of course not they never have, those are part of the restrictions. it has to be the same exact item, and TV's from 1 store to another are never the same even if it looks like they are

This is a true statement, only in the respect that they do a phenomenal job of trying to not offer anything that the competition might have on that day. This is why you see them offer loss leading brands such as Emerson. Target counters with Element and Apex, etc.

This is from WM's website: (I boled and underlined the relevant part)

This is found here:  http://www.walmart.com/cp/Christmas-Ad-Match/1159720?povid=P1171-C1110.2784+1715.2777-L0

That is the Christmas ad match i have been talking about. This is for external purchases where you bring the receipt for a product already purchased(at another store) into the store for a match.

The best advice was given on tonight's webcast. Go to your own Walmart and hash this out with them. Make sure you talk of both policies and their distinct differences. I have already implored of the Execs at Walmart to send out an explanation and clarification to all managers.

show us proof of what you say as there is nothing that says otherwise

WOW what is your problem.You have some point to prove?This was a friendly convo you have turned into a mute point.I dont need to prove anything to you. I know how to read.Apparently you do not.You enjoy your pm-ing in you WM as the signs in my store all state they will nt price match doorbusters.This site over the years has turned into a place filled with nothing but know it alls Ill be more than happy to find a more friendly site.

• Like 2

WOW what is your problem.You have some point to prove?This was a friendly convo you have turned into a mute point.I dont need to prove anything to you. I know how to read.Apparently you do not.You enjoy your pm-ing in you WM as the signs in my store all state they will nt price match doorbusters.This site over the years has turned into a place filled with nothing but know it alls Ill be more than happy to find a more friendly site.

the person that started this was you as you sure cant read... you keep talking about the christmas ad match. there is nothing that says what you talk about.

some people just have no clue

the person that started this was you as you sure cant read... you keep talking about the christmas ad match. there is nothing that says what you talk about.

some people just have no clue

Yea some do have NO CLUE.Im refering to the big  signs in my store that say.WALMART WILL NOT PRICE MATCH DOORBUSTERS ON THURSDAY & FRIDAY. BTW ad match is the same as price match.Sheesh. And if you READ the dozens of links ppl kept posting for you, it says NOT ON BF...I dont understand what is so confusing about this.NO means NO.

Yea some do have NO CLUE.Im refering to the big signs in my store that say.WALMART WILL NOT PRICE MATCH DOORBUSTERS ON THURSDAY & FRIDAY. BTW ad match is the same as price match.Sheesh. And if you READ the dozens of links ppl kept posting for you, it says NOT ON BF...I dont understand what is so confusing about this.NO means NO.

I think we can only go by what information is given out via the ad, their website and individual store info. If your store says they aren't price matching door busters okay but corporate has not said it and I have not seen any signs in my local Walmarts. Also, Christmas ad match and general price matching are not the same and that is what I and several other posters have been trying to clear up on several threads now.

There's definitely no reason for anyone to attempt to insult or demean one another when we are all here for the same reasons. Price matching is when an item is currently on sale elsewhere and Walmart matches that price; the item must be currently on sale and you purchase it at Walmart during the time frame of the other store's sale. Christmas ad match says you can buy an item between 11/1/13-12/24/13 and if it goes on sale AFTER you have purchased it at Walmart, bring in your receipt during that sale and they give you the difference on a gift card. They will not be honoring Christmas ad match on Thanksgiving/Black Friday; that is the disclaimer everyone keeps posting to prove they will not be price matching even though it says on the front of the ad that they will. They are not the same policy at all...

• Like 2

No that is price matching what I was pointing out was the difference between price/ad matching and Christmas ad match which is the link everyone keeps posting as proof. Those are 2 difft policies. The link you provided is for general price/ad matching.

Edited by tyreejames

No that is price matching what I was point out wS the difference between price/ad matching and Christmas ad match which is the link everyone keeps posting as proof. Those are 2 difft policies. The link you provided is for general price/ad matching.

LOL Ok im going back to my original statement i said over a week ago.Its gonna be YMMV.Just because its suppose to be one way we all know each store is gonna be different.I just know my WM''s are nt price matching.I already asked.Hopefully those that need/want to will be able too.

LOL Ok im going back to my original statement i said over a week ago.Its gonna be YMMV.Just because its suppose to be one way we all know each store is gonna be different.I just know my WM''s are nt price matching.I already asked.Hopefully those that need/want to will be able too.

It's definitely a YMMV situation; I just want people to be clear on the 2 policies so that they can be prepared with the proper information if they choose to make calls, speak to managers, etc...

• Like 1

The walmart I will be shopping at has always ad matched black Friday deals. I usually get things like games & turtle beach headsets at Walmart and use the Best Buy ad to match. I have never had a problem with that before. This could be enforced this year but I've never had a problem in the past.

As promised, I have the response from Walmart:

Thank you for your message.(my content was omitted, since I had already covered this ground)

Dear Ray,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your inquiry. Walmart will match local competitor's ads for exact items (all things identical, description, brand, etc.) Except: Gimmick Ads (Percents off, buy one get one free ads without a specified price, you must make additional purchases to receive a discounted price, etc.)

Local competition is usually a radius area around a store and is determined by the Store Manager and the Market Manager.

If you are having problems with price matching, please contact your local store management.

Sincerely,
Walmart Customer Care

• Like 1

Another store, the same story: Walmart will price match, but not on Blitz items which have a unique bar-code. I will give you an example. Walmart puts "Promo" on their Bluray and DVDs at special blitz prices. They normally cover up the old bar-code, so it will not ring up the same. Let's say the bluray movie "Flight" is $6.96. You have the ad from target, and you want to price match it, since it is $5.00 in their ad. Since the promo items have their own bar-code, you cannot match it, unless you go get a non-promo copy of the same movie. You can then match the price to their sale price, sometimes grudgingly so be nice! it is always the small items which yield the best results at Walmart.

I hope this clears up a lot of confusion. We have the nicest people on here. We may not always agree, but at the end of the day we should always try our best to maintain this site as the only place where people feel that they can be civil to each other. Agree to disagree, and ask questions often.