Best Buy Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

OMG, OMG, OMG. This is like my happiest day ever, all thanks to you Brad. I am going crazy right now, in a good way. I'm chatting with my folks, chatting with my cousin, chatting on Facebook. I'm all over the place spreading these ads around. Initial reaction to this ad is that there is no killer TV deals like Target has. Plenty of deals on other stuff but not TVs.

EDIT - speaking of big ads, I think all we need yet is Staples and that should really do it. Again thank you for your service and hard work.

Edited by DaFees
  • Like 1

All I can say is WOW!!!  I just finished entering the HDTVs and Camera for Sears on the charts.  I come here to do Kmart and I see BB.  I think Walmart has me this year with their 60" Vizio

THANK YOU BRAD!!!!  Go to bed that is where I am headed.  See you later

• Like 1

Thanks!

Sorry if this is a stupid question but will these be the prices online as well? I know the prices in the Walmart BF ad won't be available online so I'm hoping Best Buy will come through for me.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. We won't know definitively.  It seems like in the past, TYPICALLY yes but never trust a retailer.

anybody have any idea how early they will let the elite plus members purchase the doorbusters?  how about the elite only (not the plus) ones?  the way they word it on the website says that elite and elite plus have sort of different sales events.  there might now be any difference, but maybe you guys know.  thanks 

anybody have any idea how early they will let the elite plus members purchase the doorbusters?  how about the elite only (not the plus) ones?  the way they word it on the website says that elite and elite plus have sort of different sales events.  there might now be any difference, but maybe you guys know.  thanks

I'm Elite Plus and I got an email today stating we can order Monday, November 25th.

Funny I'm Elite Plus also and still haven't seen anything from them :)

Got to love their consistency lol

Isn't that the truth! In the subject line it said Black Friday Reveal: See Early Doorbusters.

Edit: There is no time listed so I suppose we will get another email with the time.

Edited by Kim3498

Sweet! any info on the LP IPS 27" monitor?

Here you go, http://www.bestbuy.com/site/27-ips-led-hd-monitor/1875013.p?id=1219066386928&skuId=1875013&st=lg%2027%22%20monitor&cp=1&lp=4. That's the exact monitor from the ad. It is definitely a good deal getting an IPS monitor at that size for that price, but if it was me I would prefer a 2560x1440p resolution at that size but then a monitor at that size with that res wouldn't come as cheap. The 1920x1080p resolution is still good though so don't let my personal preference sway your decision in any way.

On an unrelated note did ANYONE notice on BestBuy.com's website the mention about mystery midnight doorbustershttp://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/Black-Friday/pcmcat225600050002.c?id=pcmcat225600050002&DCMP=rdr100334. Apparently Best Buy will open at 6pm on Thanksgiving day, then at 10pm on their website they will announce a set of doorbusters to go on sale two hours later at midnight. So with that in mind how many people will get in BestBuy at 6pm, pick up their 6pm doorbusters and then get right back in line to camp out for the midnight doorbusters? Heck with the way some BestBuys work you may still be checking out by the time midnight rolls around, :eyepoppin . 

Anyways, does anyone even think these mystery midnight doorbusters will be anything good?

EDIT - If BestBuy is going to stay open around the clock from 6pm Thanksgiving Day until 10pm on Black Friday, how exactly will these mystery midnight doorbusters work then? I mean clearly BestBuy thinks these deal would be worth something, enough that they might do tickets, BUT how would they do tickets? I mean if you want one of these doorbusters would you have to go back outside and line up again? That would seem odd though given that the store would be open anyways. I mean, I doubt it would happen, but what if, god forbid, come 10pm BestBuy is still letting people in the door from the 6pm opening would you go to the end of that line or form a new line for those that want these mystery doorbusters?

Edited by DaFees
  • Like 1

I had a lengthy conversation with our Best Buy manager. She said that there would be 3 lines. The second line would be allowed to form after they determined that the first line was technically inside the store. From the look of things, it is not a very popular approach to mimic Walmart in this regard. It will virtually be impossible for all of us to enter the store, and then rejoin a new line. We are going to split up our team and attempt to score some of the midnight offerings. We are also Elite Plus, so we may not have to do very much else, or even bother with the third sale. She did state that the main sale would be in the first wave. I then asked her about tickets. Each wave will have ticketed items. The amount of time to collect your ticketed items has been shortened by at least 2 hours, so this may not be very good for some stores. One final clue to the lack of mad dash items (after the first wave) was basically a no comment response, again, not good for people expecting a restocked store.

Here you go, http://www.bestbuy.com/site/27-ips-led-hd-monitor/1875013.p?id=1219066386928&skuId=1875013&st=lg%2027%22%20monitor&cp=1&lp=4. That's the exact monitor from the ad. It is definitely a good deal getting an IPS monitor at that size for that price, but if it was me I would prefer a 2560x1440p resolution at that size but then a monitor at that size with that res wouldn't come as cheap. The 1920x1080p resolution is still good though so don't let my personal preference sway your decision in any way.

Weird, apparently that model, 27EA31V-B, doesn't exist outside BB.  Even LG's website doesn't have it.  No reviews, no info makes me hesitant about getting it.

Weird, apparently that model, 27EA31V-B, doesn't exist outside BB.  Even LG's website doesn't have it.  No reviews, no info makes me hesitant about getting it.

I was merely pointing out that that is the exact model that Best Buy will be selling but if you want a very similar model to compare with then check out this one, http://www.bestbuy.com/site/27-widescreen-flat-panel-led-hd-monitor/4880161.p?id=1218564871548&skuId=4880161&st=lg%2027%22%20monitor&cp=1&lp=4

Just take note of the slight difference in the brightness specification. That slight difference may not make a huge difference in the end but either way I just wanted to make sure you are aware of it.

The E2742V appears to be a TN, there's also a E2742V-BN, but that's TN too.  The local BB has a LG 27" IPS monitor on display, I'll check it out, maybe that's the model...

They generate special BB only SKUs so you can't PM it anywhere.

I kinda figured out that's the reason.  

Ohhh look at Dell's ad, the Dell UltraSharp 23" U2312HM is IPS.