Wrapping- Too Soon?

leefamily23

I am about half done with my holiday shopping this year (thanks to some extra work) than I have ever been.  Usually I only have 1 or 2 random things possibly picked up before Black Friday.  I am sitting here looking at all the stuff in a pile in our spare room and hesitant to wrap it already.  I am worried the bows/ribbons will lose their poof and the paper will look wrinkled.

I know lots of people on this board are already done with their shopping.  So my question is, do you wrap the gifts this early and how do you keep them looking nice?

If you choose to wrap them now don't put any ribbons or bows on them but save that until you're ready to put them under the tree.  Do remember to put a to/from tag on them, though, or you'll just end up unwrapping everything just to refresh your memory and ruin the paper you worked hard to keep so nice.  Keep them in a tub that will be minimally moved, or better yet somewhere where they won't be moved at all.

• Like 3

I think wrapping now would be fine minus bows/ribbons; like PogiPorkchop said.

If I started wrapping now I would put a sticky note saying what the item inside was (in addition to the to/from tag) because my memory is just that bad.  I could probably remember most of it, but I would forget something and it would drive me nuts.

• Like 1

I'm getting ready to start my wrapping too! I do put the name-tags on right away but I save all the bows and ribbons until Christmas Eve when I'm loading everything up to go to my family, and I save all the bows and ribbons on the kids' gifts until Santa puts them under our tree. That way nothing gets smooshed. I keep a list of what I bought for everyone though, so I don't end up buying doubles of anything.  It's easy to forget what you've wrapped. I keep them in totes in my closet until our little family tree goes up in the playroom and then they come out. I keep the kids' gifts in totes in the basement and obviously they don't come out until Santa gets here to put them under our big tree. If it's an awkwardly-shaped gift I have a little table I put them on and cover them with a sheet so they don't get dusty or anything. So even if you don't have totes or boxes to put your wrapped gifts in, you could put a sheet on the floor or a table and stack the gifts there and cover them with a sheet until you're ready to put them out. Have fun wrapping! I bought the Kelly Clarkson Christmas album to listen to while I wrap today!  :holiday10

• Like 4

I admit it. I hate wrapping presents! I'm just no good at it. So, I wait until the last minute to wrap anything. I should probably start now, if I didn't have to everything at once I might not hate it so bad.

My mom, on the other hand, starts shopping for Christmas the day after Christmas, and she wraps as she goes.  It's kind of fun to see a box of wrapped gifts in August and start shaking and guessing :).

• Like 1

Ok, what I usually do is have a spread sheet of everyones name and what I bought them. Each person in my house has their own wrapping paper so I know it is for them. On the back of the gift very small I write the number listed on my spreadsheet so I know what is inside each box. Paper never gets wrinkled. AS far as gifts for others that dont live here I wrap the gifts and make sure I put the to/from tag on or I would forget..lol

• Like 1