What are the Hot Toys for Black Friday / Christmas 2013?

fabnsab

Well, I broke down and got the Elmo big hugs for the 2yo, and then I broke down again and gave them to both boys for having a really good week at daycare. So much for that.

Now I'm trying to decide on their big gifts (2 boys, aged 2 and 3).  Last year's big hit were the little 4 wheelers that Meijers had for $50 each.  They've each grown a lot over the last year, so I'm thinking I'll replace those with something larger, and then maybe some Thomas the Train stuff.  DS3 says he wants an Iron Man "dolly".  Otherwise I'm at a loss.  What I need to do is stop giving them everything I buy, and hide it somewhere that I can't get to it until Christmas.  Or grow some will-power.  Anybody know where I can get that???  :sidesplit

• Like 1

I have really fallen in love with this. Having 3 DD I was never able to play Nerf guns and stuff with them. They painted my face and nails. Tried to do my hair and stuff, but as a father I really wanted to be able to do guy stuff - LOL  I know thats crazy but the Nerf Rebelle gives me the chance. There already cheap, but I wonder if there be cheaper for Black Friday. If not I am in for 2 as 1 DD is still a baby :bunny:    http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_query=nerf+rebelle&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

Edited by jesusluvu

Well, I broke down and got the Elmo big hugs for the 2yo, and then I broke down again and gave them to both boys for having a really good week at daycare. So much for that.

Now I'm trying to decide on their big gifts (2 boys, aged 2 and 3).  Last year's big hit were the little 4 wheelers that Meijers had for $50 each.  They've each grown a lot over the last year, so I'm thinking I'll replace those with something larger, and then maybe some Thomas the Train stuff.  DS3 says he wants an Iron Man "dolly".  Otherwise I'm at a loss.  What I need to do is stop giving them everything I buy, and hide it somewhere that I can't get to it until Christmas.  Or grow some will-power.  Anybody know where I can get that???  :sidesplit

Do they have a train table? 

My DD 9 had a birthday in September and she wanted one. She was always trying to play with her brothers stuff. She loves her bow and goes out to nerf war with the neighborhood boys now. I am glad they decided to make a toy for the girls like my DD :)

• Like 1

I was able to get two heartbreaker bows for my daughters (the blue ones) for a little over $8 each with price matching and coupons at Target. 

Is there a coupon out there for this. ? I looked and could not find one.

These are in all the toy books right now and also in the toys r us Black Friday ad

I must have over looked it - That should be a sin for black friday ads - LOL I am going to check it out now

My DD 9 had a birthday in September and she wanted one. She was always trying to play with her brothers stuff. She loves her bow and goes out to nerf war with the neighborhood boys now. I am glad they decided to make a toy for the girls like my DD :)

I am glad to. Now me and my daughters can have so much more fun. I was telling my wife about it last night and she wants one too - LOL can't wait

Picked up the bows and guns for the Princesses, and a reg bow & gun for the little guy. Extra ammo for all.  Should keep them occupied for 15 minutes or so....

15 MINUTES IS ALL THE ENERGY i HAVE RIGHT NOW !! THATS MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR ME. But the kids will have a ball with each other. I will check with my brother and sisters and might get all the kids one for christmas and have a big shoot out after CHRISTmas dinner.

I bought the crossbow for my daughter a month ago. I saw it in the store and thought it was cool. Figured I'd save it for Christmas. I didn't think it would be as "hot" as it is. I have 6 kids, so I'm thinking maybe I should pick up a couple of the other ones so they can all play.

Do they have a train table? 

Yes...that was part of last year's present.  That was more for me than for them, though - I was tired of stepping on tiny toys in the night. 

I got a little bit of a start this weekend at TRU.  I'm now the proud owner of a Thomas and Friends Castle Quest Set, 2 Iron Man dolls (I will tell DS2 that his is Captain America, he'll never know the difference), the Thomas Ultimate Train Pack and a set of walkie-talkies. 

I've already opened the walkie-talkies.  I'm such a pushover.  SO, now I need something else to get them. They are 2 and 3, and I feel like this is my last year to get them "cute" stuff. It's all action figures and Tonka trucks from here on out.

When I got it Target had a Cartwheel coupon for 20% off and a $5 Target coupon.  Those two are separate and can be stacked.  That along with a price match from Amazon and 5% redcard discount got it down to the $8 price.  If you have never used the Cartwheel app it is pretty cool you clip the coupons that you want and they will scan it at checkout.  So nothing to print.  Also Target has mobile apps.  On top of that always check to see if toy manufacturers have any coupons out.  You can really get these toy prices down by doing that and price match always if you can.  I got the Imaginext Rescue City for $17.99 and the Imaginext Batcave for $14.99 by doing so.

• Like 1

When I got it Target had a Cartwheel coupon for 20% off and a $5 Target coupon.  Those two are separate and can be stacked.  That along with a price match from Amazon and 5% redcard discount got it down to the $8 price.  If you have never used the Cartwheel app it is pretty cool you clip the coupons that you want and they will scan it at checkout.  So nothing to print.  Also Target has mobile apps.  On top of that always check to see if toy manufacturers have any coupons out.  You can really get these toy prices down by doing that and price match always if you can.  I got the Imaginext Rescue City for $17.99 and the Imaginext Batcave for $14.99 by doing so.

I am sad to say I have no idea about cartwheel. I have a smart Phone but never use apps besides for games, but I will be loading this today and loading coupons. THANKS

having a hard time locating the doc mcstuffins check up center out of stock at almost every target and walmart around here even at tru my mom is wanting to get it for our 4yr old dd and very hard locating it

Not sure which one you're looking for but here are a few on Amazon! 

http://www.amazon.com/Just-Play-McStuffins-Checkup-Playset/dp/B009XIHP9O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384443527&sr=8-1&keywords=Doc+McStuffins+check+up+center

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-McStuffins-Magic-Check-Center/dp/B008OZJRHU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1384443527&sr=8-2&keywords=Doc+McStuffins+check+up+center

I think it mentioned earlier in the thread but the lesser known characters from the Octonauts show are impossible to find.  I'm not sure if they have been released in the US or not.  I'm particularly looking for Dashi and I don't want to pay $20.00 for a $4.99 toy.  I've been looking for two months already.  But I also haven't seen  Inkling, Tweak, or Turnip.  Anyone seen these in the stores and know if they have been released here yet?  

I think it mentioned earlier in the thread but the lesser known characters from the Octonauts show are impossible to find.  I'm not sure if they have been released in the US or not.  I'm particularly looking for Dashi and I don't want to pay $20.00 for a $4.99 toy.  I've been looking for two months already.  But I also haven't seen  Inkling, Tweak, or Turnip.  Anyone seen these in the stores and know if they have been released here yet?  

Kmart has some of the harder to find ones too sometimes, but it's very hit or miss.