Does anyone "mark" their cart on Black Friday?

erose630

I have a well-oiled machine of a team to shop with every year on black friday, we all have our roles to play.  My mother-in-law's job is to grab a shopping cart when we enter a store and immediately get in line - then we fan out throughout the store picking up sales and dropping them in her cart.  One idea we're bouncing around this year is purchasing a safety flag - typically used on bicycles - for her to clip to her cart...making it easier for us to find her.  Has anyone done anything like this in the past?  Any words of caution?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/116cvhBSScL._SY445_.jpg

I could see two problems with this. 

1.  The safety issue if the flag gets borken off it could hurt someone or even you.

2.  You could be a target of shoppers who see this flag and might mistake it for an offical something and take items out of your cart or try to start something.

Other then that it is a good idea. 

I have found that not many people are wearing bright colors on BF.... If I have a cart partner, that person wears a neon color. It isn't as easy to see as the flag depending on the person's height... But it has always helped.

If you choose to go with a flag you could always customize it to lower the chances of being mistaken for an official thing. You're more likely, I think, to run into problems with the balloons because kids always ask for them and lots of stores mark specials and ends of lines with them.

Of course you could come up with one really outrageous hat...

Am I the only person who thought of animal "marking" when reading the thread title?  :2dog:  Probably....sorry. :rolleyes:
I don't think stores take kindly to that kind of behavior, though I've seen worse...

Flag idea sounds great to me.  Use a sharpie if you want to customize the flag....though maybe having her as a fake deal decoy could draw some of the other shoppers away from the deals you're looking for. :ph34r:

• Like 3

I could possibly see the store having a problem with that. They let you in and use it and someone gets hurt, they could be held liable as part of a suit

Yea, but the same thing could be said about a baby's bottle.  If the baby dropped it, someone could step on it and fall and hurt themselves.

I doubt the store will mind, so long as you don't take a Target flag into Walmart or something...