Toysrus Black Friday Price Match

sawcochran

No that actually references their Christmas Ad Match where you have already purchased the item from them and someone else has it for a lower price.

Nope WM is excluding Black Friday Sales as well. Look at the starred area.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/if/hmp/fusion/26615-38076_ChristmasAdMatchLP_POV_Eng.jpg

I still believe that tyreejames is correct.  That is still the "Christmas Ad Match" they have going on.  Which is completely different from their normal price matching.

That makes no sense when the starred area specifically states not matching BF ads. Christmas Ad Match or Normal Price Match are subject to exclusions at their discretion and they have specifically excluded BF ads which is what people would be price matching on Black Thursday/Friday.

I am not sure how anyone can believe otherwise.

This was from last year, hopefully it will happen this year also

Date:

Thursday, November 08, 2012

Walmart unveils its best Black Friday assortment and pricing ever offered. Revealed to customers on Walmart.com , its Facebook wall and mobile app , the retailer’s Black Friday circular showcases hundreds of brand name electronics, toys, apparel, sporting goods and items for the home – backed by Walmart’s ad match guarantee – available during three events starting at 8 p.m. on November 22.

Edited by queenkishaa

This is off Walmart's corporate site. I think they are excluding the christmas ad match that let's you buy an item anytime between now and Christmas and if you see it priced lower anywhere else then you can take in the ad and get a refund of the difference on a gift card. This is what they are excluding on bf I believe. I think they have 2 things going on concerning price matching this year.

Our Ad Match Guarantee

En Español

We’re committed to providing low prices every day. On everything. So if you find a lower advertised price on an identical product, tell us and we’ll match it. Right at the register.

We gladly match the price in the following types of ads:*

Buy one, get one free ads with a specified price

Example: Buy one for $2.49, get one free (BOGO)

Competitors' ads that feature a specific item for a specified price

Preferred shopping card prices for specific items that are in a printed ad

For fresh produce and meat items when the price is offered in the same unit type (lb. for lb.; each for each)

*The following are guidelines and limitations:

We will match any local competitor's advertised price.

We do not require customers to have the ad with them to honor a competitor's ad.

Items purchased must be identical to the ad (size, quantity, brand, flavor, color, etc.)

We do not match the price in the following types of competitor ads:

Items that require a separate purchase to get the ad price

example: "Buy [item A] to get [item B] for $C"

Items with no actual price that require a purchase to get free product

example: "Buy both [items A & B] to get [item C] for free"

Items that require a purchase to get a competitors' gift card

example: "Buy [item A] to get a $B gift card

Buy one, get one free (BOGO) ads with no actual price given

Going out of business or closeout prices

Percentage off

example: "All mascara, 40% off"

Competitors' private label price promotions

We do not honor:

Ads when the actual price for items cannot be determined

Internet pricing

Misprinted ad prices of other retailers

"Going out of business" sales or "closeout" prices

If you all think they will honor other store pricing try it, you may get lucky and a manager approves it or you may not and they tell you BF is excluded. Nothing ventured nothing gained. I will be going to both for different things on that Thursday so it won't matter to me either way if they hold firm.

Didn't we have this same discussion last year?  Unless something changed with the price match policy, you should be able to price match TRU at Walmart during the active sale hours.  I am considering trying to match TRU's skylanders price at WM Thursday night.  (Assuming all of Walmart's Skaylanders are not wrapped up in black plastic on a pallet somewhere.)

What you cannot do is buy a Skylanders set from Walmart on Monday, then return to Walmart with the receipt and TRU ad on Thursday night and get the difference refunded.

Edited by fluffkin79

Q: Can I Price Match Black Friday Sale Items?

A: As of right now the answer is NO. Walmart has excluded the following from what it will Ad Match this Holiday Season: Thanksgiving Day Ad Sales, Black Friday Ads and basically any gimmick or gift card promotions. This is a bit of a change from last year, in the past you were able to Price Match all Black Friday Ads so long as you made your purchases during the dates and times specified in the ad. Hopefully they change that back! - See more at: http://www.iheartthemart.com/what-can-i-price-match-at-walmart-walmart-holiday-price-match-policy-2013/#sthash.h2xdT0tO.dpuf

When I was in TRU today, they had a big sign, no Layaways will be able to be picked up on 11/28-11/29...I asked why and they said they didn't want ppl to hold stuff and come get for the sale price.

Edited by ajdana726

http://corporate.walmart.com/ad-match-guarantee

this page which is what everyone should be lookinh at and not the christmas ad match policy which the post above talks about.

there is no mention of no PM allowed on BF

This is what I've been saying; there's general price matching and then Christmas ad match which involves the item ALREADY being purchased at Wal-Mart. It makes sense that they would limit the latter bc could you imagine cashiers and/or customer service dealing with that along with all the other stuff on Thanksgiving/Black Friday.

This is what I've been saying; there's general price matching and then Christmas ad match which involves the item ALREADY being purchased at Wal-Mart. It makes sense that they would limit the latter bc could you imagine cashiers and/or customer service dealing with that along with all the other stuff on Thanksgiving/Black Friday.

What is the difference between the two? The general PM policy works in conjunction with the other. It makes sense to have a Christmas policy since it happens once a year specifically lists exclusions and works in conjunction with the other. It does not state one supersedes the other.

Edited by Dyva247

Christmas ad match says if you buy beforehand, and then it goes on sale elsewhere, come back and we will refund difference on a gift card, excludes thanksgiving and BF.

normal PM policy says bring ad in we will PM the item, but must be same exact item

• Like 2

What is the difference between the two? The general PM policy works in conjunction with the other. It makes sense to have a Christmas policy since it happens once a year specifically lists exclusions and works in conjunction with the other. It does not state one supersedes the other.

Never mind, PP already explained....

Edited by tyreejames
  • Like 2