Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Reccommended Reselling Packages

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_beatmix01_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_beatmix01_*
  • Member since --

Posted Sep 8, 2004 - 11:11 am

So, now that I have a VPS, its time to start setting up packages. (It's almost set up I hope.) What are some ways that you have broken down your bandwidth and server space in some of your applications? I have 10GB and 200GB.

#2 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 8, 2004 - 11:29 am

I think it depends on your target market and what services (tech support SLA's) you plan on offering. If you're targeting fellow forum members (of GottaDeal and AnandTech) they already know where to get cheap web hosting. So you'll have to REALLY discount the pricing. The local web hosting market is more accustomed to single domain web hosting accounts instead of reseller accounts. If you can break even, that would be an accomplishment in my books. I'd say 1GB/15GB for $15/mo ... discount if paid every 3, 6 or 12 months. Enable SSH if they have a valid reason for it and enable overselling.

#3 Guest_beatmix01_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_beatmix01_*
  • Member since --

Posted Sep 8, 2004 - 11:35 am

Is that for individial user accounts or for reselling accounts? I do not plan to sell to AT or GD users since we know better. Local market is definitely my target.

#4 RossMAN  OFFLINE  

RossMAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,066 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 8, 2004 - 11:41 am

That's for individual user accounts, maybe offer a free promo like FREE Domain Registration (you register and pay through NameCheap.com giving them the login details) with 3 month payment.

I'm looking into if ServInt offers Installatron or has any intentions of doing so.

#5 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,462 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 8, 2004 - 12:00 pm

I usually like to break things down using the same ratio as the overall account (in the case of ServInt, 1GB disk space per 20GB bandwidth). Just makes things easier and ensures that you get the most plans out of the account as you can without having extra BW or DS left over. Like RossMAN said, something like 1GB/20GB would be good, and you could also do other levels - maybe 500MB/10GB and 2GB/40GB, obviously at different prices. I would stick to 3-4 plans at the most, and if someone needs a custom plan they can contact you about it. Maybe even a very small plan such as 100MB/2GB that can only be for a pre-paid yearly contract (to take the hassle out of very small monthly billing amounts). Many small businesses won't use much BW or DS.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users