Canon T3i predictions?

mistakenjas

You can get a refurbished T3i from Canon, if you use the CLP (Canon Loyalty Program) and send in a broken Canon you can get 20% off the price.

Here is the Refurb page http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductListingViewAll_10051_10051_-1_244763?WT.mc_id=C126149

Here is more info on the CLP http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=948785

I ordered a T3i for my son a year and a half ago for my son, when it came in it had 9 pics taken with it. So basically brand new.

Right now with a lens it would be $422

Good luck!

I bought the T3i on Friday at Best Buy.  Here's the trick...go to Best Buy's website, go to the Cameras and Camcorders section and look for the link referencing the deals on the lenses.  Choose the T3i on the popup window, then close it.  Select the T3i with the 18-55mm lens and pick a zoom lens.

I got the T3i with the 55-250mm EF-S lens, bag, and camera for $630, much cheaper than anyone else, including B&H.  I added a 32GB Sandisk Ultra SD card for $29.99.  I printed out the shopping cart with the prices, went to my local Best Buy and they honored the price.  Regular price would have been close to $800.  I've been looking at this camera and lens combo for about 6 months now, and finally got the price I wanted.  I doubt it would be cheaper on Black Friday.

i just bought the Canon T3i with 18-55mm lens kit last week at Amazon for $456.75 shipped. It came with free 16GB SD, a camera bag, and a monopod. In addition, I got a 55-250mm zoom lens with a $150 off bundle coupon for $115AC initially. Then the price of the zoom lens went down $64.07 the day after I received it. I chatted with them online and got the price adjusted. So I got the whole package with 2 lens, camera bag, SD card, and monopod all brand new for $507.68. In addition, there is a 2% rewards on the camera/lens purchase ($10.15). I did not use my Amazon credit card which may give me another 3% rewards since I have a bunch of Kindle giftcards that I got at 20% off from Meijer. So my out of pocket cost is actually $395.99 which is much better than and BF deal. Even without the discounted Kindle gift cards, $497.53 is already a hard to beat price for the whole package.

Edited by billcsho

i just bought the Canon T3i with 18-55mm lens kit last week at Amazon for $456.75 shipped. It came with free 16GB SD, a camera bag, and a monopod. In addition, I got a 55-250mm zoom lens with a $150 off bundle coupon for $115AC initially. Then the price of the zoom lens went down $64.07 the day after I received it. I chatted with them online and got the price adjusted. So I got the whole package with 2 lens, camera bag, SD card, and monopod all brand new for $507.68. In addition, there is a 2% rewards on the camera/lens purchase ($10.15). I did not use my Amazon credit card which may give me another 3% rewards since I have a bunch of Kindle giftcards that I got at 20% off from Meijer. So my out of pocket cost is actually $395.99 which is much better than and BF deal. Even without the discounted Kindle gift cards, $497.53 is already a hard to beat price for the whole package.

Yeah I remember this deal last week but didn't post in time/couldn't replicate it.  There was a deal on the SL1 also.

Yeah I remember this deal last week but didn't post in time/couldn't replicate it.  There was a deal on the SL1 also.

I posted it in another forum and the deal last for 1 day for the Camera kit. For the price adjust on the zoom lens, the price reduction lasted only 90min and I chatted with them within that time window. I guess they raised back the price right after my price adjustment.

Definitely interested myself. My 13 year old has asked for this camera as basically her one gift! We try to stick to a $500 per child budget, and it kills me that it will be really all that she gets. She is ok knowing that...today. Hope she feels the same way Christmas morning! 

At any rate, anything under $600 would be a great deal!!

Definitely interested myself. My 13 year old has asked for this camera as basically her one gift! We try to stick to a $500 per child budget, and it kills me that it will be really all that she gets. She is ok knowing that...today. Hope she feels the same way Christmas morning!

At any rate, anything under $600 would be a great deal!!

I think $449-499 will be the deal this year! Depending on bundles and such! Just basing this off of recent sales and what the previous model was last year, and since there are two higher end models that are being more frequently bought lately (60D and T5i).

• Like 1

I think $449-499 will be the deal this year! Depending on bundles and such! Just basing this off of recent sales and what the previous model was last year, and since there are two higher end models that are being more frequently bought lately (60D and T5i).

Picked this up today http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ZS0FT6020

$628 

This Everything You Need Kit includes:

- Canon EOS REBEL T3i Black 18 MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm IS II Lens

- Replacement LP-E8 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack

- Replacement LP-E8 Home/Travel Charger

- 32GB SD Memory Card

- Full Size Photo Tripod

- 67'' Aluminum Monopod

- Medium Camera Case

- All In One SD Card Reader

- 3 Piece Filter Kit (Ultra Violet, Circular Polarizer, and Fluorescent Filter)

- x2 Telephoto Lens

- .45x Wide Angle Lens

- Soft Rubber Lens Hood 

- Tulip Flower Hard Lens Hood

- Flexible Mini Tabletop Tripod, Bottle of Lens Cleaning Solution, Cleaning Cloth, Squeegee Card, 5 Cotton Swabs

Picked this up today http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ZS0FT6020

$628

- 32GB SD Memory Card

- Full Size Photo Tripod

- 67'' Aluminum Monopod

- Medium Camera Case

- x2 Telephoto Lens

- .45x Wide Angle Lens

- Soft Rubber Lens Hood

- Flexible Mini Tabletop Tripod, Bottle of Lens Cleaning Solution, Cleaning Cloth, Squeegee Card, 5 Cotton Swabs

Thank you! I will buy that on payday! Hopefully they still have it! Such a good deal!

Edited by mistakenjas
  • Like 1

Go with Nikon it is a far better camera. But you will not find Nikon at the same prices as the cannon. Nikon has price control so online and in store you get the same price. Cannon does not do this you can always get stuff below cost online with bundles. Nikon is doing a below cost bundle on the d3200 Black Friday for 499. First add that has had it is dell. Just a plug the small Independant shops will have this deal. Keep you dollars local.
  • Like 1

I've seen the refurb with kit lens as low as $388 during the canon refurn sale. The kit mentioned above has a lot of useless stuff, and those aren't canon lenses. I would buy a cheaper version and add actual lenses to it, not Chinese made extenders.

For what it's worth- I've had much better luck with refurbs than new. I like that they have been thoroughly inspected. My las had a shutter count of 10 when I bought it!

I'd check Adorama and Cameta, be sure and look at their refurb pages, too.

Edited by amyers12345

I've seen the refurb with kit lens as low as $388 during the canon refurn sale. The kit mentioned above has a lot of useless stuff, and those aren't canon lenses. I would buy a cheaper version and add actual lenses to it, not Chinese made extenders.

For what it's worth- I've had much better luck with refurbs than new. I like that they have been thoroughly inspected. My las had a shutter count of 10 when I bought it!

I'd check Adorama and Cameta, be sure and look at their refurb pages, too.

I think it depends what you are really looking for - for me it works great. My 13 yr old has been wanting only the T3i for over a year, and as a "youtuber" she is constantly comparing what others are using and why.

I think the lenses included will be great for her to try out and learn from - we would have spent that much to just buy the body with an 18-55 lens so I figured why not? I think she will be happy with the abundance of "stuff" to try out that essential comes free above and beyond what she was asking for.

To me - if I was going to shoot videos I would ask for a video camera, but this kid is insistent on getting this for making videos and taking pics. 

I am not a big refurb buyer - I know there are some amazing deals out there going that route but I am too chicken! I think with my luck the refurb I purchase will lead me to a future of RMA's and downtime with no product. But that is just me - not saying that it's a bad route to go for all! 

Besides...I'm a nikon lover anyways! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think it depends what you are really looking for - for me it works great. My 13 yr old has been wanting only the T3i for over a year, and as a "youtuber" she is constantly comparing what others are using and why.

I think the lenses included will be great for her to try out and learn from - we would have spent that much to just buy the body with an 18-55 lens so I figured why not? I think she will be happy with the abundance of "stuff" to try out that essential comes free above and beyond what she was asking for.

To me - if I was going to shoot videos I would ask for a video camera, but this kid is insistent on getting this for making videos and taking pics. 

I am not a big refurb buyer - I know there are some amazing deals out there going that route but I am too chicken! I think with my luck the refurb I purchase will lead me to a future of RMA's and downtime with no product. But that is just me - not saying that it's a bad route to go for all! 

Besides...I'm a nikon lover anyways! :)

The T3i is known for being the youtuber camera ;) Because the video quality is quite lovely. However the basic lens that normally comes with it is what they use! I am sure she will LOVE it. I would totally support her youtube if you PM the link! Is she a guru!?

Picked this up today http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ZS0FT6020

$628 

- 32GB SD Memory Card

- Full Size Photo Tripod

- 67'' Aluminum Monopod

- Medium Camera Case

- x2 Telephoto Lens

- .45x Wide Angle Lens

- Soft Rubber Lens Hood 

The x2 telephoto and .45x wide angle and the filters (except for the CP) are more or less worthless

Also don't forget to check out the T4i, the all cross-focus points are a worthy improvement over the T3i.  The T5i... no big difference over the T4i.

buyer - I know there are some amazing deals out there going that route but I am too chicken! I think with my luck the refurb I purchase will lead me to a future of RMA's and downtime with no product. But that is just me - not saying that it's a bad route to go for all! 

If you go with the Canon loyalty program (as stckciv already mentioned) the cameras are inspected by canon, in fact they're more inspected than brand new cameras (which only a few are inspected [every 10th....etc]).  At least this was the case a couple years ago .

The 18-55mm  f/3.5 II IS len's isn't that bad of a lens, especially given it's price.  True, USMs and L's will give you a much better result (faster focusing, better corners, bigger aperture, etc....) but for a hefty price tag.  It's a lot better than the old 35-80mm thats for sure!

Edited by Scooby_Doo