Walmart Plans Biggest Black Friday Ever!

jaymacfla

Last year Walmart had Ipads and 32" TV's as "everyone gets one" items. If they ran out in the store you filled out an order that came later but at sale price.

you also had to pay for the item during the sale, basically they would put that amount on a  gift card and when it came back in stock you turn over the card and claim the item.

I talked to my friend yesterday who is a manager at Walmart. She said their schedules aren't even being done until the week before so not only does anyone find out what time the sales start, but that Walmart can make any last minute changes based on what the competition does.

I feel like they (and every store) say this EVERY YEAR! Somehow I got talked into going to Arkansas for Thanksgiving....don't know how that happenned...however this means I get to go #BlackFriday shopping in the walmart across the street from their corporate headquarters...this should be interesting.............

• Like 2

a BF Walmart ad had been posted on another site, but it is now gone.  (I was smart & captured the stuff I was slightly interested in yesterday!) Sales are 8 pm, 10 pm and 5 am.  Pretty much the usual stuff, same things year after year.  Not sure I will even mess with Walmart this year.

Whether this was the actual ad or not will remain to be seen, but again pretty much the same stuff as years past.

a BF Walmart ad had been posted on another site, but it is now gone.  (I was smart & captured the stuff I was slightly interested in yesterday!) Sales are 8 pm, 10 pm and 5 am.  Pretty much the usual stuff, same things year after year.  Not sure I will even mess with Walmart this year.

Whether this was the actual ad or not will remain to be seen, but again pretty much the same stuff as years past.

im telling you that was last years ad, with those times, no way its this years ad

Last year they unwrapped everything at 6:30 (before the 8pm) sale and it worked much better than 2011 when there were scuffles for everything in our supercenter. 

I was sitting in line for my SIL for a laptop when I saw everything being opened at 8p - even the 10p and 12 a stuff.  I felt bad for the people that came at 9 and wanted to "wait" for the 10pm stuff - it was already picked over

• Like 1

I was sitting in line for my SIL for a laptop when I saw everything being opened at 8p - even the 10p and 12 a stuff.  I felt bad for the people that came at 9 and wanted to "wait" for the 10pm stuff - it was already picked over

That is my fear for Best Buy shoppers!

Hey guys I just happened to come across this photo while searching for walmart's black friday ad. It says Nov 28 5 to 11am so i'm guessing we should be seeing the ad very soon

Hate to burst your bubble but that is a picture of the 2008 ad. Dates may be the same, but that is NOT the 2013 ad but again the 2008 ad, sorry!

I Just wish all WMs would follow suit and the rules . When customers see it one way in one store and expect the same thing in another store, thats when the fights start.And yes it makes ppl angry.When u see one person do one thing and you think oh ill try that and it doesnt work.LOL.I kinda like the diff start times for the diff items.Does make it easier to get various items you may want. I personally have given up on going to WM that early.I cant deal with the crowds of ppl.I have found over the past few years, deals are just as good online throughout December.I may not get the best tv or the best electronic but just as good.I like the (rumored) 39 in tv at BB for $169 i think.Id love to have it but if i have to pay $200 later from else where im ok with that.Well jmo here.lol

http://www.walmart.com/cp/1099938?adid=1500000000000023901680

According to their website, they will be doing the 1 hour guarantee again.  I heard only good things about that last year.  It also says "starting at 8 p.m." but that's not to say there won't be an earlier sale.

I agree Bo, my BF went to WM last year got in line within that hour and even though the tv she wanted was OOS she was able to get one shipped to her for same price.I forgot about that.lol.I may have to wait to see ad and she if theirs anything i may need.TY for that reminder.

saw the ad on another site and it was last years, NOT this years....

All wishes have been granted! Ad is out. I have to look at the ad in detail, but the Lord of the Rings movie cover appears to be the infamous "Trilogy" cover from Target a few years back. This could mean that the people that do not already own the extended version can pick up this inexpensive set.

• Like 1

Can anyone clarify for me the 1hr guarantee and how it worked last year? How early do you need to get there to get an item? Just as long as you are there between 6-7 you will get one at the honored price even if at a later date?? How well did this work last yr?

Edited by shoppingal

Last year there were designated spots to go to get a card for the item.  During the designated hour, if the item was still in stock, you would get the item and if they were sold out you would get a ticket to take to the register.  You need to pay for the item that night but your item was guaranteed to come in before Christmas Eve.  I got one of the blu-ray players last year that way.  I did not get the actual item but I received a ticket to bring back.  I picked it up a week later.

• Like 1