Best place to buy a new Christmas tree?

kayray

Any suggestions as to the best place to get a tree?  We just need a 7.5 foot pre-lit tree that doesn't look too skimpy.  Last year I checked on Black Friday and after Christmas and didn't find what I was looking for.  The ones on sale on BF tended to be at the lower price point and just not as full as I would like.  After Christmas I just didn't find anything.

TIA for the help!

There is a place in MI called Bronners they have hundreds of trees. It's a huge store but they also have an online presence.

Bronners is actually only about an hour away for me :)  It is a Christmas wonderland!!!  I am afraid that their trees are a bit on the pricey side though.  I had planned on taking a trip up there so it is worth a look, thanks!

I got mine 2 years ago at Hobby Lobby and I think its perfect.  I looked everywhere for a decent looking one with multi-colored lights. 

Thanks for the suggestion!  There is one not too far from me. Their ad shows them on sale 40% off in-store only, wish I could at least see description on the website. I have never been, but this may be a good excuse to go :) 

Bronners is actually only about an hour away for me :)  It is a Christmas wonderland!!!  I am afraid that their trees are a bit on the pricey side though.  I had planned on taking a trip up there so it is worth a look, thanks!

That's originally from the Detroit area (before I left I lived in St. Clair Shores last). Every time we make it up to visit Bronners and Frankenmuth are somewhere we HAVE to visit. I could go broke in Bronners lol.

• Like 1

Meijer has a ton online. I'm looking for an 8.5' slim and they've been cheapest so far.

I am at Meijer at least once a week LOL  I will take a look at what they have to offer.  Right now it looks like Home Depot may have the best deal for me.  I am going to start a Pinterest board so I can compare all my options :)

I am at Meijer at least once a week LOL I will take a look at what they have to offer. Right now it looks like Home Depot may have the best deal for me. I am going to start a Pinterest board so I can compare all my options :)

I don't know what they have in store, the larger selection is at meijer.com

Meijer has a ton online. I'm looking for an 8.5' slim and they've been cheapest so far.

Do you belong to Sam's Club?  They have a 9' pre-lit slim for $219.72

I don't know what they have in store, the larger selection is at meijer.com

I will make sure to check out both!

I got mine at Kmart after xmas . it was a Martha Stewart tree and 75% off. It was a 300 tree for 75. I love it. It is very full and beautiful. It is on a rotating stand but I can't use that feature due to it being a tight fit in my living room. My eyes were bigger than they should have been. It is a 7.5 foot tree

We got a great looking tree on Black Friday 3 years ago at Home Depot for a great price. I think we paid $50. for it. I can't remember what it was originally, but I know it was a great deal.

Home Depot certainly looks as if it is one of the best places.  There BF ad from 2012 looks as if they had a great deal.  I hope they repeat for 2013!

I got mine at Kmart after xmas . it was a Martha Stewart tree and 75% off. It was a 300 tree for 75. I love it. It is very full and beautiful. It is on a rotating stand but I can't use that feature due to it being a tight fit in my living room. My eyes were bigger than they should have been. It is a 7.5 foot tree

I did look around last year after Christmas but didn't really find much here.  Sounds like you got a great deal!

I too need a new tree this year and have had this one in my amazon cart for a few weeks - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0045W6UCG/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER - which is currently $249.99.

Per camelcamelcamel, the price went down as low as 159.20 on 11/26/12, so I hope the same happens this year!

What a great idea!