Welcome back Best Buy Black Friday addicts!

TazErase

Yup I'm back. Not sure what my BF plans are as of yet though since my dad suddenly became paralyzed from the waist down and I will be driving him 1200 miles to a Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville. I am hoping to be home in time, if not I may be doing BF in Jacksonville where I am totally lost as to area knowledge and how they run things down there.

Yup I'm back. Not sure what my BF plans are as of yet though since my dad suddenly became paralyzed from the waist down and I will be driving him 1200 miles to a Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville. I am hoping to be home in time, if not I may be doing BF in Jacksonville where I am totally lost as to area knowledge and how they run things down there.

You do realize that you can join me here in Jacksonville, don't you???? I am sorry to hear about your dad. The mayo clinic is the best, they will take good care of him. The possibility of you joining me makes my day. I have extra gear, so the camp will already be waiting!

Edited by jaymacfla
  • Like 3

You do realize that you can join me here in Jacksonville, don't you???? I am sorry to hear about your dad. The mayo clinic is the best, they will take good care of him. The possibility of you joining me makes my day. I have extra gear, so the camp will already be waiting!

Thank you so much. If I am unable to make it home in time I may seriously take you up on the offer. Won't get in the newspapers, TV reports, and radio locally, lol, but I appreciate the offer and was hoping not to make this the first BF in over 20 years. I will keep in touch and if I am unable to get home in time I'll let you know. My kids will still be home, and I wouldn't put it past them to at least want to hold our record at Best Buy locally if I'm not here. I've been first for 4 years in a row and 7 of the past 9 years.

• Like 1

Thank you so much. If I am unable to make it home in time I may seriously take you up on the offer. Won't get in the newspapers, TV reports, and radio locally, lol, but I appreciate the offer and was hoping not to make this the first BF in over 20 years. I will keep in touch and if I am unable to get home in time I'll let you know. My kids will still be home, and I wouldn't put it past them to at least want to hold our record at Best Buy locally if I'm not here. I've been first for 4 years in a row and 7 of the past 9 years.

But you WILL be in the news here! We are the guys who attract the media like flies. Your kids will love seeing their dad take care of his dad and at the end of it all score some deals and keep the tradition going in some way. My son is in the Marines now, so although BF isn't the same without him, California just gained some serious BF competition in Oceanside!

• Like 1

But you WILL be in the news here! We are the guys who attract the media like flies. Your kids will love seeing their dad take care of his dad and at the end of it all score some deals and keep the tradition going in some way. My son is in the Marines now, so although BF isn't the same without him, California just gained some serious BF competition in Oceanside!

Thank you so much. If I can't make it home in time to be in the local paper here (one of the pics from the paper is my profile pic here) I would still love to make it in some paper someplace lol. I have been first for 4 years in a row and 6 of the last 8, lol... My local Best Buy knows me as "Number 1" because I am known to always be first every year, lol.

• Like 1

I live in NY. There are tons of Best Buys, but this is the closest to me. The next closest is about 20 miles away, maybe a little more. I go to Poguhkeepsie, the others are in Middletown, Danbury, ct, and Kingston.

Poughkeepsie...

Yes, the video is from Poughkeepsie. It looked just like any other Best Buy, so I didn't get where the Mall Property concept prevents early entry.

• 2 weeks later...

Never done anything from BB on BF (I know, I know) and the last two years I've gotten really used to snapping up what I want online and leaving the mayhem to others.  This year sadly we need to replace our t.v.  However I am not fighting for one or camping out.  Does anyone know If the BB t.v. are instore only?  I'm interested in that 50" sharp for $399 unless amazon has something of interest.

Never done anything from BB on BF (I know, I know) and the last two years I've gotten really used to snapping up what I want online and leaving the mayhem to others.  This year sadly we need to replace our t.v.  However I am not fighting for one or camping out.  Does anyone know If the BB t.v. are instore only?  I'm interested in that 50" sharp for $399 unless amazon has something of interest.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that unless you are camping, or are an Elite/Elite Plus customer, your chances will be very slim on this unit.