Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

Brad

I've never really paid attention to the video game prices in previous years. Does the PS3 bundle price usually stay that way until Christmas, or does the price go up after Black Friday? Or are they mostly sold out so it doesn't matter anyway? lol

I got my PS3 in September or maybe even August.  Chase/Sony Style had $200 off $400 promotions for new card accounts, so the wife and I each signed up for one -- we used mine to buy the console and hers to purchase games and accessories.  Then we cancelled the cards.  Those promotions represent the very best discounts, so it's best to align your shopping window with their promotions and do your best within that window.

Right now, for instance, there is a $100 credit when you make a purchase on a Sony card and I do not think you will see prices discounted that much going forward. 

• 2 weeks later...

Last year, I remember seeing a list of video games that would be on sale on Black Friday along with their prices and the stores they would be available at. Has anyone seen a list like that this year? Or is it still too early?

I am seeing stuff go on sale at Amazon, and was just curious.

ordered my xbox one in September and got it in on Friday.  Picked up a few games at walmart for $49 each but I was really hoping for the target buy 2 get 1 free to get the xbox one games.  think they will do it again? they ran that deal a week ago before the games came out and I was bummed!

I have a question for you guys.  I bought a 3DS XL for my son for this xmas and I've been buying 3DS games to go with it.  I saw that regular DS games will also work with it, and I'm seeing a lot of sales on those.  My question is, do they look ok on the 3DS?  I guess I'm confused on how that would work.  Like, if they aren't in 3D does it look weird?  Thanks for any help on this! 

I have a question for you guys.  I bought a 3DS XL for my son for this xmas and I've been buying 3DS games to go with it.  I saw that regular DS games will also work with it, and I'm seeing a lot of sales on those.  My question is, do they look ok on the 3DS?  I guess I'm confused on how that would work.  Like, if they aren't in 3D does it look weird?  Thanks for any help on this! 

They dont look weird and they look normal just not in 3D. The 3D in 3DS can be shut on and off at any time, so it  can be played with or without it at any time. But DS games will just play normally not distorted or anything.

Edited by deelite
  • Like 1

They dont look weird and they look normal just not in 3D. The 3D in 3DS can be shut on and off at any time, so it  can be played with or without it at any time. But DS games will just play normally not distorted or anything.

Thank you so much! I wasn't sure how that worked.  That opens up a lot of cheaper game choices for me, too.  :)