How soon do you put up your Christmas tree

Jen08

I put my fake tree up Nov 1(I take down the Halloween decor, and put up the tree. Decorate it. And light it). The kids trees go up in their rooms on the Monday the week of Thanksgiving. Then the Sunday after Thanksgiving we go get our live tree. Never had a problem with it drying out and we've always gotten it the Sunday after tday for 10 years now.
  • Like 1

We do a lot of exterior light and décor so that goes up early Nov. so we can turn on the lights on Thanksgiving evening.  This year I plan to put up all the interior decorations the first weekend of Nov.  (I'm just so in the mood) but won't put up the tree until the weekend after Thanksgiving.

So I just looked at my calendar and saw that if I put our Christmas decor up Thanksgiving weekend then we will only have it up 3 1/2 weeks before Christmas to really enjoy it.  I don't keep my decor up very long after Christmas so I've decided that I'm gonna put some of my stuff up the weekend before Thanksgiving. I'll still wait until Thanksgiving weekend to buy our tree but all the other fake trees and decor will go up before then. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's a BF tradition for me.  I put it up that Friday after I'm done shopping to help me get in xmas mode.  I keep them up until about the 2nd weekend in January.  I do, however, put my lights up the weekend prior to Thanksgiving.  I turn those on Thanksgiving Day right after dinner! :) (sometimes even as early as Thanksgiving Eve)

We do the same and we store the tree with the previous year's decoration (Lights, some ornaments etc..) and change out or add items if needed. 

I am rethinking the whole real tree thing this year.  DD22 is away at school until 12/13 and DD19 is doing a culinary internship at Disney and won't be home at all. 

So it's just me this year for the majority of the season.  Plus we are headed down to Disney so DD19 isn't alone for Christmas.  don't want to leave a real tree unattended for a week.

My stepdad has an artificial tree I'm sure he'll let me borrow it. 

It's just not going to be the same this year :(

I was originally thinking of putting it up the week before Thanksgiving but we are starting to look for a different house. There's one we are interested in and if we made an offer we'd probably start moving in the middle of December. Not ideal but it is what it is. lol Hopefully I'd get the tree up a couple days before Christmas. lol

I usually put my tree up the day before thanksgiving so we are able to watch the parade Thursday morning but seeing as i put up 4 trees in my hose and turkey day is so late this year i might do it weekend before Thankgiving.I know my hubby and kids want it up now.lol.

I do remember when my kids were really young i put it up day after Halloween and left it up till Valentines day.That was fun.

Edited by Deal Grabber

Probably right after Halloween! The tree we've had for the past 10 years finally decided to give out on us last Christmas. Took advantage of the 30% off at Kohl's and ordered a new one which should be here sometime next week. Definitely going to unpack it and make sure it looks as good as I hope and everything works. I don't want to wait to get it out of the box at Thanksgiving only to find out something is wrong with it! I still won't decorate it until Thanksgiving, though.

we usually do it the first weekend in December but 7th is too late..... I would do it Sun 1st but we are going to Club 33 at Disney as  a surprise for my husband... so it will maybe be during the week.   The interior dec

orations will go up around Thanksgiving

We put up lights in November, whenever we have a nice weather day.  But, we don't light them up until Black Friday.  

My 13 year old DD has been asking to put up the tree for months, so she and my DH will put it up on Black Friday and we will decorate it on that Saturday.  Can't wait!

Thanksgiving weekend. I usually try for BF if I have energy. Otherwise it's up by Saturday. Not sure how it will work this year. We recently moved down south and have a huge group coming in to stay the weekend. Guessing I will play it by ear this year.