Secret Santa 2013 Official Discussion Thread

pogiporkchop

I finally have my shopping bag and delivery box stash sorted ...(.getting it all wrapped and boxed and try to make it to post office before they close this evening)... what a surprise when I found my OE box mixed in with deliveries !.....Thank you for my reindeer ornament and the (now my daughters) Christmas socks...I did get to eat the yummy candies.....

I received my SS gifts last week, thank you for the wonderful gifts!! It was such a great surprise waiting for me after a long day at work! I took pics but my phone died, once my replacement comes I will post the pics (hopefully they saved on my memory card). Sorry for taking so long to post, its been a rather crazy week!

I LOVE all my gifts!! THANK YOU to my SS!  The coffee was delicious and I've already worn the socks a few times.  Can't wait to read my new book!  Thank you! :)

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/princez916/SS1.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/princez916/SS2.jpg

Edited by princez916
  • Like 3

i just realized that maybe we were suppose to wrap the gifts? i just put the items in the box unwrapped. so if my receiver wants to wait to open,she would have to wait to open the box. sorry. i should have wrapped them i guess.

Don't worry about it, most do I think but it's not a requirement.

My OE package arrived yesterday, and I loved it!  I'm in Texas so I was thrilled to get three little horny toad ornaments!!  They are rare to see around here anymore!! And a beautiful 2013 Hallmark snowflake ornament as well.  I love love love them all!! Thank You so very much!!

• Like 1

i FINALLY have shopping done for one of my people!  Hoping to get done with a second tomorrow... me thinks I'll be the last to send and I'm running the show...  What kind of example am I setting?  :shock:  :eek:

Nope pogiporkchop sorry but you won't be last.  :(  I have been swamped.  I am setting up a Tricky Tray for my kids HS Swim & Dive team, plus my DS is submitting all his final paperwork today for his Boys Scouts Eagle Project and final merit badges.  After today just with that alone done we can breathe a bit.  I hope to have mine going out by Friday.  It will be sent by 2 day Priority mail so will get there with plenty of time,  I am so sorry to my SSS and OE but I have not forgotten you  :)

I'm right there with the late mailers! I thought that one of our local post offices was open late, but apparently not any more. So I finally drove all the way to the closest PO with a 24-hour kiosk but they didn't have any "it fits it ships" boxes. My husband is going to try to take it on his lunch break. I'm sorry SS! It will get there before Christmas!

I just want to let my SS know that I received the gift today. I can't wait to open it on Christmas Day. Thank you! I'll also be one of the late senders. I've just been swamped with work and school. I'll probably send the gift tomorrow or Saturday by 2-day priority mail.

• Like 1

Don't worry about it, most do I think but it's not a requirement.

Maybe as part of the questionnaire to fill out next year - "do you want your gifts wrapped?" should be a question - as this is the only gift some get under the tree... just a thought... sure wish I had gotten to participate this year - so much fun! Maybe next year my health will allow me to join in... I treasure all my gifts from past years - such loving, caring and thoughtful people on this site! ♥ I even had a VERY special member hand make me a moose blanket one year - it is a prized possession of mine.

• Like 1

I want to say a huge thank you to my ss! I left my oncology surgeon's office today, had a major anxiety attack in my car and sat in my driveway crying for about 20 minutes. My neighbors probably think I'm nuts. But my gift was waiting at the door for me and I'm so grateful to you for the card, bbw mini candles, the coconut lime bbw items, the gifts for my kitties, and the candy. You made my day today and I love everything that you sent! And my kitties love their gift too, especially the crinkle balls (their favorites!). Thank you again, I really needed something good to happen today. :gdthankyou:

• Like 5

Maybe as part of the questionnaire to fill out next year - "do you want your gifts wrapped?" should be a question - as this is the only gift some get under the tree... just a thought... sure wish I had gotten to participate this year - so much fun! Maybe next year my health will allow me to join in... I treasure all my gifts from past years - such loving, caring and thoughtful people on this site! ♥ I even had a VERY special member hand make me a moose blanket one year - it is a prized possession of mine.

i know i dont know why i wasnt thinking...i wish i did wrap them.. once i opened mine i stopped and was like opppps thinking it could even be a requirement

sorry to my receiver,i almost want to say who...so they know it wont be wrapped... same for an *extra * i sent ....

i know i dont know why i wasnt thinking...i wish i did wrap them.. once i opened mine i stopped and was like opppps thinking it could even be a requirement

sorry to my receiver,i almost want to say who...so they know it wont be wrapped... same for an *extra * i sent ....

Stevie, I didn't wrap either.  I felt I found the perfect gift per the questionnaire, and had it sent directly to my recipient from the seller.  Thinking about it now, I should have paid to have it shipped to me, and then shipped again, so I could have wrapped and been sure there was no invoice with my name included.

...duh.