Secret Santa 2013 Official Discussion Thread

pogiporkchop

I've been better than I often am about checking my mail of late (apartment living = mailboxes not near my apartment - nature of the beast) because I know there will be an SS package to pick up soon. When I get it, I'll make sure to post, even though I'll be waiting till Christmas to open! :)

I feel the same. My OE package was delivered but I don't know if it was actually received because they have not posted anything. 

same here... mine say they were delivered Monday as well...but there was no post saying received... i just assume the people have not gotten around to opening them ,or posting them yet...though one may have been "taken in by a boyfriend..lol"

Edited by stevierocks
  • Like 1

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k499/ts1852/image.jpeghttp://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k499/ts1852/image2.jpeg

IT CAME! IT CAME! I'm so excited  :trampolin !  I received a beautiful B&BW gift set. The card said to take the time to pamper myself, and that's just what I'm gonna do. I see a long scented bubble bath in my near future!!

Let me tell you a story.  In June I had the opportunity to spend a week in Baltimore for a training class (I've only been out of Oklahoma a handful of times, so this was a big deal for me). My sister went with me, and while we were in that part of the country, we went and spent a weekend in Washington DC.  Well, while in Baltimore we went to this park on Federal Hill and it smelled divine.  I couldn't figure out where the smell was coming from, because there weren't any flowers to speak of.  Then while in DC, we went to Arlington, and the same smell was there!  I determined it was a tree.  I came home and started googling "What is the tree that smells so good in Arlington National Cemetery?".  The tree is a Japanese Cherry Tree.  Guess what scent my new bath set from my Secret Santa is!  YEP - Japanese Cherry Blossom.  I tried to find my list to see if I had mentioned this scent, but we had a virus a couple months ago and it ate my archived emails, but I am almost sure I did NOT mention it.  I don't think I would have because I didn't even know B&BW had this scent!

Also got 3 B&BW scented candles: Mahogany Teakwood, Party Dress, and Frosted Cranberry.  They all smell wonderful and I'm trying to decide which to burn right now :).

Thank you thank you thank you Secret Santa!  You really made my day!!! :holiday16

• Like 6

I got my SS today and I love it! I got a box of yummy mint hot chocolate  (my favorite), a package of Ghiradelli chocolates, some nice aloe vera infused socks for my ridiculously dry feet, a notepad and a big coffee cup with some chocolates. Funny thing is last night I was looking on Ebay for a coffee cup sleeve I could take to work with me. VIOLA, one came today! My SS must've read my mind. Thank you very much!1458444_10152076309509329_384471360_n.jp

• Like 3

I've been better than I often am about checking my mail of late (apartment living = mailboxes not near my apartment - nature of the beast) because I know there will be an SS package to pick up soon. When I get it, I'll make sure to post, even though I'll be waiting till Christmas to open! :)

Yours was delivered today but apparently not to your address. Do you have a neighbor or community office that will accept packages for you if you're not home? Your SS doesn't want you to think they forgot.

I opened my package tonight. WOW! Thank you so much to my Secret Santa! I opened my box to find some gummy bears, Twizzlers, a cute little bottle of Coke, Lindt Lindor assorted chocolates, a wrist pin cushion, Superman candy canes for my boys, and a cute snowflake bucket. When I took the bucket out of the box, I discover that there are items hiding inside it. There was a light up snowman, an owl ornament, marshmallows, packets of chocolate, and a snowman mug! Oh, my! I am in heaven! My secret Santa did an amazing job picking out everything.

Thank you so much, Mary! I really appreciate it all!

post-7222-0-45950100-1386914026_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

I came home from work yesterday to find 2 packages on my doorstep. I hadn't ordered anything. One was from my OE person and the other was mis-delivered (ended up driving around the neighborhood to find the house it belonged to). Anyway, THANK YOU to my OE. I got not one, but 2 penguin ornaments (I love penguins), a bag of reese's pb cups, and a big bar of ghirardelli caramel chocolate (which is already half gone lol). Thank you so much Laura :)

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/princez916/OE.jpg

Edited by princez916
  • Like 4

If I wasn't already feeling blessed enough, ANOTHER package came for me from all of you!!  I put it under my tree with the first one that will be opened on Christmas day.

You all have no idea the difference you've made.  I don't even have words. :cry2::gdcry::bigcry: 

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! :gdthankyou:

• Like 2

If I wasn't already feeling blessed enough, ANOTHER package came for me from all of you!!  I put it under my tree with the first one that will be opened on Christmas day.

You all have no idea the difference you've made.  I don't even have words. :cry2::gdcry::bigcry:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! :gdthankyou:

We all need a little Christmas! :holiday09  :holiday14  :holiday12  :holiday13  :holiday15  :holiday03  :holiday04  :holiday05  :holiday16  :holiday07  :holiday08

• Like 4

I've been busy checking tracking numbers. There are a number who, according to tracking, have received but have not posted as much. (If the tracking says delivered I am going to assume you got your package.) A few others are in transit but otherwise it looks like everyone has put their packages in the mail.

I think there might be some delays in shipping because of the huge winter storm. I saw something on the news about it being 1000 miles wide and that so many areas are being affected all at once. It just moved through here, leaving us about 6 inches of snow over the last two days. Hope everyone gets their packages soon!

• Like 2

Thanks so much to my very generous Secret Santa!  I lasted 11 days (I had to look for my post of when I received it) but only because I had put something over the box.  :)

I received a very pretty scarf, aloe infused socks, Yes to carrots berry lip balm, Starbucks giftcard and a "Proud Family of a Soldier" picture.  I love everything!!  I'm going to put the picture next to a picture of my son.  The sun is shining so I'm going to put the lip balm on, wrap the scarf around my neck and get a peppermint hot chocolate.  Looking forward to wearing the socks tonight.  Thanks again!!

• Like 3

Whoopie! Ok, I got a box today.  Just wanted to let my OE and SS know.  I got my first box and it said Secret Santa, so I was saving for Christmas.....thinking my OE was left to get.  LOL, the package today said Secret Santa too.  I hear jingling in there and feel hersheys shape kisses (maybe).  I'm so excited.....I will post pix Christmas morning.  These will be the few surprises I will have. I have to tell the men folk what I want for Christmas.  I love them, but you know......

• Like 2

Thank you Illinoismom!! I just got my SS package and was surprised to find six wrapped gifts inside... a Yankee Candle snowflake candle charm, aloe infused fuzzy socks, Santa throw blanket, Reese's candy cane, a Starbucks coffee and cookie mug and a set of two travel tote bags. I better hide some of this or my kids are going to take everything when they get home! The tote bags will be perfect when we make shorter trips and possibly for work too. The blanket and socks will be put to use tonight and the edibles I hope to hold on to for a few days at least. I love everything... thanks again! :D
  • Like 2

My package just arrived!!!  I got a cute snowman decoration (he totally matches the other things I have, some of which are from a previous ss) a  christmas toy for my pup, some hershey kisses in candy cane flavor, candy cane hot cocoa, some cute scrapbook embellishments, and a cute christmas mug.  My box was badly crushed and the tape was totally ripped off almost the whole way across the top so I hope nothing is missing.  I'm surprised that the mug wasn't broke considering the condition of my package but luckily my ss had lots of padding in there.  Thank you, SS! 

Now, does anyone know how to upload pictures from my iphone without using photobucket or whatever? 

• Like 2