Secret Santa 2013 Official Discussion Thread

pogiporkchop

Just about everyone has been accounted for now... I am still waiting to hear from two people, one is in for both SS and OE the other for just SS.

I'm going to type up the pairings lists today and will post them Christmas Eve or as soon as everyone has received if that should occur first.

Many, many thanks to my SS! My package arrived today and I love everything :)

Here's what I got:

2014-2015 pocket calendar

Christmas Trivia card game

Dallas Cowboys footies

Individual containers of candy for my 4 children

A jar of smarties (my favorites!!)

A Christmas mug filled with apple cider packets, yay

2 pack of wallflowers with a beautiful wallflower plug

Thank you again SS!!!

post-139824-138670907857_thumb.jpg

Edited by tyreejames
  • Like 2

And now an important announcement from Chief Elf:

NO ELVES NEEDED THIS YEAR!!!!  :D

Thanks to those of you who volunteered to be an elf... it is with great pleasure that I tell you that your services will not be required. ;)

Everyone has mailed with the exception of three who have been delayed by weather but have been in touch and are expecting to mail by the end of the week. I better start typing those lists...

• Like 4

:holiday05  :holiday03

I have a jolly announcement :)

I received my SS Christmas Gift box today !!!! YAY !!

:holiday12 I Saw my Box, (it was wrapped with Christmas paper, what a lovely touch.)

I picked it up & instantly I told myself. This is my SS Gift box !! I took it inside & placed it on my living room table that way every time I walked to the kitchen I'll see it & smile.

Then the waiting began to hurt >_<. I went back out there with a Smile :hearthrob, picked up my box, took it back to my bed room & sat on the bed & Began opening. I had a total of SIX items wrapped. That made it fun because I had 6 surprises to open (Thank  you Mr. john !!!!)

As I unwrapped this is what I found-

1 very cozy pair of pink & being Socks

1 book

1 box of Peppermint Back Chocolates

1 four pack of Holiday Movies (bonus of 20 holiday songs WOW !!!!)

1 Ornament Snowflake LED flickering Wax Candle

1 two in one Revlon nail art polish set

I want to thank My S :holiday05S Mr. John, all my gifts are lovely & they go well with each other. :holiday16

Thank you for taking the time to pic them out for me, you have a very happy girl here In FL.

:holiday13:holiday12:hearthrob :hearthrob :holiday11:holiday14

• Like 2

Yay to all for completing our secret Santa and OE assignments! Awesome to hear no elves required. Means pogiporkchop can leave that naughty list locked up till next year!!! :trampolin  My tree anxiously awaits my SS box's arrival. Will be so nice to wake up Christmas morning with a gift under the tree! Living alone, I don't often get that opportunity anymore unless I've spent the night with family. :)

• Like 2

Ok I lost   Present won :) LOL

Thank you to my SS!!! I LOVE my snowman, my favorite candy and my cozy socks!!!

Sorry My pics are so big :(  http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab264/wtzlmly/lotsofpics274_zps3f5a7443.jpg[/url]

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab264/wtzlmly/lotsofpics273_zps7c48f7f7.jpg[/url]

Edited by hillbillyswife
  • Like 2

I got my OE and it is beautiful, I love it. A pretty silver snowflake. Thank you ret716 (S.F.).

To my OE person, I just shipped yours yesterday morning. Ive been snowed in since last Thursday & no school for the kiddos. I sent 2 since you had to wait!

mailed all cards a week or more ago.

Mom received her package today.  And heck no!  She was NOT waiting! 

She received two small lenox bowls with winter decorations and pretty birds inside. Two packages of Hersey's Bliss (one milk chocolate and one dark Chocolate.    " FANTASTIC!  MY FAVORITE! I LOVE IT!" )   and a pretty antique silver/pewter flower pin with iridescent blue-ish stones in the petals.   ("Is that blue?  It's lovely!  How did Chef Elf know I like blue??")   She is very, very happy!     Thank you so much Chef Elf for letting her participate!  It made her day!  The very first thing mom did was open her chocolates....."I have to one of these NOW!"   (Yeah right mom!...More like 6 or 7!  Those little lenox birdie bowls will see no chocolate in them!!)

About an hour after she opened her box, (while I was putting up mom and dad's Christmas tree,  I caught mom going through the garbage.  5 minutes later she was still going through the garbage and now it was all over the kitchen floor!   "What are you looking for mom???"......."I lost Chief Elf's address!  I need it!  I have to write a thank you card!".   She wasn't satisfied until we had found the shipping box.   ("Oh my! Did you see how much it cost to ship my presents from ________ ??"   LOL  If mom only knew how much it cost to ship to Chief Elf mom's favorite chocolate cheese!)

Dad saw the chocolate spilled in a pile on the dining room table when we got back from dinner at their senior apartments and he dared to reach for one or two and he quickly got chewed out!  "Get out of there!!  That's my chocolate!  You don't like dark chocolate anyways!...Here you can eat this!"   And she tossed dad the kit-kat's they gave us after dinner.  Trust me...dad knows better than to argue with mom over her chocolate!!  

Sorry,  I didn't have my camera with me today so I did not get pictures.  I'll try to get pictures of the birdie bowls and the pin later,  but I suspect  the chocolates will be long gone by then.  :gdsorry:

• Like 1

My SS box came in today and all I can say is THANK YOU!!! You really went above and beyond and sent me things that I love. From the Philly Flyers tote, umbrella and earbuds to the Glinda tin sign, it is all amazing!

Here is a photo of most of the gifts in the package. The Glinda sign was already hung on the wall by this time. lol There was also socks included, comfy and classic designs.

SS by KatyLovesHockey, on Flickr

I mistakenly thought my package from my OE secret santa was my SS. Makes sense, since that package was mostly ornaments. :giggle:

Edited by Katyloveshockey
  • Like 3

My SS package was received on on Monday but I have no idea if my person got it. I would like to know in case it was stolen or something.

I feel the same. My OE package was delivered but I don't know if it was actually received because they have not posted anything.  I feel :gdchatter::worried::g_shrug:

• Like 1