How much shopping have you done so far?

Elmck

I've managed to start, but I have a LOOONGGG way to go. I just can't seem to motivate myself either. :(  Hopefully I'll pull myself out of this funk and get my butt in gear sooonnn!

You have been here a long time. This is your official wake up call!!!! We need you to focus, and get going!!!!! Visit Target or Walmart, Hit some discount racks, ask around for valuable Intel, and get back to us with some Black Friday tidbits!

• Like 2

I'm completely finished for my sister, not only for Christmas  but also her birthday three days later.  One more package from Amazon.com and my Dad will be done as well.  My mom needs at least a couple more items.  Some more "special" food, a couple bags of treats and two toys will complete the cats' presents.  The dog needs some treats too, and the rabbits will be getting a few goodies.  There will probably be at least one "family" gift, and I do need to pick up a few cards.  So, I'd say I'm at around 80% right now with about 6 1/2 weeks to go.

Update:  The animals are now done!

Update 2: Cards are finished, along with one family gift! 

Edited by tthurber

You have been here a long time. This is your official wake up call!!!! We need you to focus, and get going!!!!! Visit Target or Walmart, Hit some discount racks, ask around for valuable Intel, and get back to us with some Black Friday tidbits!

Alright! :) I posted my first online deal find in quite some time earlier today- maybe that's a step in the right direction!

Edited by KrisinTn

Oh boy...confession time, I guess. I've gotten exactly one gift (that happened to be a deal posted on here a couple of days ago). Because of some ongoing scary health issues, I haven't exactly been focused on shopping as much. Hoping to get back on track soon but no matter what, everyone will get something under the tree!

I "could" be just about done.  However, I "know" me and I will shop right up until the holiday.  So other than 2 things (a Keurig and an Amazon gift card), everything else is just bonus gifts at this point.

You sound like me, every time I cross something off the list, I add something to the list. 

• Like 3

Oh boy...confession time, I guess. I've gotten exactly one gift (that happened to be a deal posted on here a couple of days ago). Because of some ongoing scary health issues, I haven't exactly been focused on shopping as much. Hoping to get back on track soon but no matter what, everyone will get something under the tree!

Oh dear, I hope your health problems get resolved, and that you're able to enjoy the holidays : )

I'm probably about halfway finished. I need 2 more big items, a few stocking stuffers, a couple gift cards, a few movies and one video game and I could be finished. But then, like the pp's upthread, I will probably keep shopping. Mostly from Amazon as it gets closer and the discounts get better - I tend to stock the b-day gift cupboard for the year with their good toy, game & movie deals every December...

I feel like I just walked away from the table on Thanksgiving.  I have made 60% of my purchases.  I have decided on another 20% of my purchases.  The remaining 20% is for people...how do I say this...obligatory purchases.  You know -- people you have to get something for, but it doesn't really matter what you get.  The 80% are the gifts that must be under the tree.  The other 20%...something has to be under the tree.  I delegate those purchases to my wife.  From now to Christmas, all of my energy is dedicated to purchases of opportunity.  My oldest has a birthday in February and I already know what he is getting.  I'd love to have a 70-80 inch LED in my pool room.  I'm all tingly.

• Like 1

I'm finally getting there.  I've finished shopping for my older DD's birthday (celebrating the day after Black Friday) and the big gifts for both DDs have been ordered.  Lists have been written/rewritten/finalized so now I'm just stalking items online to see when they drop in price.  I'll be about 75% done after the big BF shopping trip.

I have maybe 25% done so far some is on layaway just because its hidden easily their lol.  Im kinda hoping I can get alot of what is still on the list on bf with the prices being better then. Im going to be very challenged that day with needing to be in a few places back to back,,,fingers crossed

I've barely shopped at all. I don't think I've picked up anything since I first posted in this thread in September. I've gotten spoiled with shopping on Amazon with prime. Click, buy, ship, done. It doesn't help that my kids haven't made much of a list yet either. I think this year will be the first time Christmas sneaks up on me.

So far:

Dd - clothes, house shoes, Uggs, books.

Dh - 4 shirts

Db # 1 & his wife - the last dvd season he needed, 3 Aeropostale shirts, her a dvd that she wanted, house shoes(her) and Rachael Ray cookware for the both of them. FINISHED!

Db # 2 & his wife - house shoes for her, 3 Aeropostale shirts for him.

Ds - Ugh!!...very hard for him this year. His gf and her mother have bought him tons of stuff. I have not been informed of what it is so don't know what to get him that they don't have. He just let me know this today so I'm gonna have to ask them what they got. So far I've only got him 4 shirts. I did have him the ps4 but he didn't wanna wait so he paid me back for that. I should have made him wait anyways.

Mom - Rachael Ray cookware.

Dad -  nothing yet

Me - Rachael Ray cookware that I purchased through this website at that amazing price and an electric fireplace/entertainment center that I got through this site when wally had those price mistakes at an unbelievable price.

Still got a ways to go.

Big shout out to our football team this year for potentially messing up my black friday shopping! Kinda makes me sad they are so good, and have the potential to go to state championships that saturday. They won their game this weekend and we have a 9 hour bus trip ahead of us on the 22-23d.  There is NO WAY i can do 37 hours + awake again this year. I start the real shopping @ 4 am on turkey day, then to hit the 8 pm sales and stay awake to hit the mall, then ride with 78 band kids across the state, nope. you'd see me in a news cast!  so I had to start this week. I did pick up some CRAZY deals a few weeks ago at JCP (ALL CLEARANCE WAS MARKED DOWN TO .97 CENTS!!!  I just have to sort it) Picked up a brand new colombia coat for DD13 (30$!) a desk for DD8 and  some odds and ends at hollister on stupid prices clearance.  ds11 and ds12 nothing. zip nada. zilch zero.

ps: big thanks to my mom for giving my DD12 MONEY to buy her own gifts and wrap them, then gramma gets to open them to see what she got herself this year, and she is a true BARGAIN shopper like me, so  I will be hauling her out with me on black friday to spend it!  

ok ok, enough ranting. yup. about 10% done and have NO idea when I'll get the rest of it finished. 

I just started but got some great deals!  Bought a Brita water pitcher for hubby for $4 bucks at Giant Eagle.  They also had the water bottles on sale for a dollar! Bought a ton of those. Looks like everyone is getting something from Brita this Christmas.  

I am still coming up with a game plan.  I am just having a hard time this year trying to figure out what to buy for everyone..well besides the Brita...lol.

I have gotten a few things done so far. I bought 4 different Little People playsets for my DS's 1&2,  a Matchbox "Stinky" the talking garbage truck for DS2, a Little Tikes workbench for DS1, a Hello Kitty watch and necklace for DD8, a Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Puppy for DS1, and an Ipod touch 4  and the case for DS10. I have been couponing for the last 5 months, and decided that I will be putting huge gift boxes full of household and personal hygiene items together for family members. I have lots of good name brand things to throw in there, and am excited to put them together, lol. My DS10 mainly just wants the Ipod touch and a handful of xbox 360 games, so I should be able to finish him up on BF. My DD8 wants one of those new rubber band bracelet looms and Orbeez things, and some Hello Kitty stuff, so she should be done on BF also. I'm not too sure what all to get my DS1&2 yet, but have no doubt that it won't be too hard to finish. Now my husband on the other hand might be complicated. Although he did mention he would like a new chainsaw. Anyhow, I am ready to get everything finished!

I am pretty much already done and just getting small stuff on Black Friday for myself, the home, and my dogs.  

Daughter: This month we just finished remodeling her room.  Everything from hardwood flooring to new furniture w/ . Sheets, comforter, etc.  That alone was over $2000 so told her that was a lot of her christmas!.    She also will be getting  Dre. Beats  (ordered them from a power seller on ebay. Brand new sealed. Light blue  $110.)    Then she got new Jordan shoes she "had to have",,  Uggs, Victoria Secret outfits (good sale/earned V.S. rewards). etc.  perfume, and she got a Galaxy S4 last month with otterbox case (told her again that was towards christmas)

Son is getting cash  (he lives in his own apartment),  gas card,  grocery giftcard,  some car stuff,   and  cologne and clothes. Pretty much all done.

Just ordered a TV from online.  Had giftcards so basically paid what I would have if I camped out for a BF tv. 

So really just going to get some small items at Walmart and going to Menards and Petsmart for the dogs.