How much shopping have you done so far?

Elmck

I've bought one gift each for my 2 daughters and my husband.  But I may end up taking back the gift for my older daughter once she makes out her list.  I also have to buy birthday gifts for her a few weeks before Christmas so I've got a long way to go!

I've got the kids a Wavemaster kicking stand (karate junkies), a couple of college hats, some legos from clearance, Nerf Rebelle (selling out FAST here) and some skylander giants to finish out the little guys' set (and will look for some of the swap force since he bought the new game with his birthday money...SO glad the old ones work in the new game....only 55 new characters to collect you know )

hmmm I started a little bit...so far for 14 yr old daughter pair of Uggs I got them for 79.00 :) , some Chi shampoo and cond. and hair spray and Galaxy 3tablet. plan on chi flat iron still and few other items.

daughter 8 craft things,some nike clothes , password journal.

daughter 10 is soooo hard to shop for its crazy ..she is picky . columbia fleece zip up couple craft things.

son 17...wants a dell tablet with windows 8...his dad and i said keep dreaming!! so nothing so far

I am steadily making progress :) been picking up stocking stuffers when I come across them & I've been buying gifts when it's a price point that I'm comfortable with. Once I see TRU's Big Toy Book, I'll know exactly what I'm getting now versus waiting for more ads to hit.

• 2 weeks later...

I've gotten most of my shopping done for the kids, waiting on some good deals for 3ds games.  My oldest wants clothes, shoes, and accs. mostly so I still have that.  Trying to get the kids shopping done before I do the grownup shopping.  Then I don't really obsess so much on bargain shopping, at least not the way I do with the kids toys. 

I'm almost done.  I have a couple of movies and games left to buy for my daughter.  Then I have to find something to buy my 2 grandbabies that are both under 2 and have everything a kid could have!  I got my husband and my gift taken care of ( yes, I buy my own gift :) ) and I have still need stocking stuffers and then I'm done.

• Like 1

Only 2 gifts so far...although I only have about 9 people to buy for and some only get 1 gift or so.  The things that I bought I only got because 1 was from ebay so I purchased it before the prices start to go up as it gets closer to Christmas and the other was because I had a coupon for the store that I bought it from.

Looking forward to getting most things done on BF...if I can wait that long  LOL 

Almost done! Whew.  Kids are done, brothers are done, mom is done.  All I need now is a power drill for my husband, some books for my dad, and some doggy toys for the family dog. So I'm about $100 away from calling it finished. Now to start wrapping....

Edited by jakesmommy403

I have only bought a few things so far. I'm usually almost done by now. It's been a hard year. I'm hoping to figure out what I need to go out and buy now, what to order online, and what to wait until BF for soon. I need to come up with my game plan. 

Sad but my kids are too old for toys and such. Ages 19 and 14.   They just want giftcards and money.  Not much to get at all so I am just looking for the house this Black Friday.  I've gotten a few Victoria Secret deals for my daughter and some of her favorite Shampoo and hair products but thats it.    We remodeled our 3 bedrooms complete with hardwood floors, furniture, etc. That was our christmas to ourselves. lol

I'm finally getting underway!

dd 14 -riding boots,flip mittens and a Disney Journal

ds 11-Halo Wars, a cakepop maker, and a magic kit

dd 10- red cowboy boots, password journal, flip mittens and barbie Chelsea pony set

ds 22 -nothing still in fact he hasn't gotten me even a list :(

We've picked up 4 of the 7 gift cards we need for some of my husband employees.  Also 9 packages of Ghiradelli's chocolate's from Sam's club for other employee gifts- the Sea Salt flavored ones are super good and they are only $4 and some change for a nearly 16 oz bag- great deal this year!

More to go, but I feel good about what is done so far!

I am happy to say that I am about 50% done!! DD10 is practically finished; just need to order some wedge sneakers and her American Girl stuff.

DS6: there's probably 6-8 gifts left but I'm waiting on ads to see lego deals and video games.

DD3: probably 6-8 gifts left but I'm starting to draw a blank. She has Doc McStuffins stuff, I already have the Talking Sophia the 1st and a Loving Family Dollhouse.

DS17: Xbox one pre-ordered; Battlefield 3 for PS3 when eBay had it for $46. I also got xbox live for $39.99 when they had that. Only thing left is Call of Duty: Ghosts and the new Assassins Creed along with a North Face hoodie and a few gift cards.

DH: I completely wing it with him bc he will always say he wants nothing.

My mom: I'm going to do a pampering basket and I think I may make her a photo book with pictures of my kids through the years.

And did I mention that I already started wrapping :)

Edited by tyreejames