Walgreens-24 cent deodorant

soonernstlouis

Just wanted to make sure everyone knows-Walgreens weekly ad 12/4-12/10 has 2-3 oz of the following for 99 cents & this weeks Smart Source has 75 cent coupons for each:

Soft & Dri

Gillette

Right Guard

I figured by the time I read the ad the probably are sold out (especially since Walgreens takes coupons). So I ad matched at Walmart & got 6 deodorants for a buck fifty.

http://weeklyad.walgreens.com/walgreens/default.aspx?action=browsepagesingle&storeid=2430028&rapid=208184&pagenumber=40

Didn't get a Walgreen ad in my Lexington, KY paper, but did receive it in the Cincinnati Enquirer-strange that I cannot get ads in my local paper and have to buy one from a city 70 miles away to get my ads.

The coupons were not in the Herlad Leader-but were in the Enquirer-also in the special Kroger coupon section-a coupon is printed for 1.50 off the same deodorant. I have had no problem using the Kroger coupons at Meijer or others in the past.

Thank you, I'll check my paper. However, I don't understand how some people are getting multiple deodorants for .24 when there is one coupon.

Can you use the coupon more than one time? My son has a small mowing

business and he goes through a lot of deodorant! LOL

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Just an FYI for those of you with sensitive skin: Beware the highly scented deo!! My dau has supersensitive skin and we have had a really tough time with deos for her. The best has been Dove sensitive unscented. The ones with fragrance seem to be really bad.

I usually take deals like this and then give the deos to our homeless shelter or domestic violence shelter. Places like this get soaps and shampoos, but they have a REALLY hard time getting deodorant. Esp name brand new ones. I try this time of year to do as much of this as possible.

Also, if your school has an ED (emotionally disturbed) or sp. eD class, these things are almost ALWAYS appreciated by the teachers. These kids have a really hard time with lots of things (understanding hte why of them, and also gettign them). Often the families are so broke either from lack of $$ to begin with or the high cost of therapy and meds that things like personal care products are let slip b/c no $$. Or the kids end up with brands that are "off label" which is not necessarily bad, but some brands don't work.

Just a thought as this is a good time of year to remember others.

Susie

Didn't get a Walgreen ad in my Lexington, KY paper, but did receive it in the Cincinnati Enquirer-strange that I cannot get ads in my local paper and have to buy one from a city 70 miles away to get my ads.

The coupons were not in the Herlad Leader-but were in the Enquirer-also in the special Kroger coupon section-a coupon is printed for 1.50 off the same deodorant. I have had no problem using the Kroger coupons at Meijer or others in the past.

Must be your carrier. I love just outside of Lexington and got my Walgreens and coupons in my Herald Leader. You may want to call the delivery hotline.

Don't forget the skippy peanut butter. Walgreens has it for $.99 and there is a $.35 coupon in the paper for that also. PS does anyone know of any major stores that have the "blinkies" coupons for the deodorant or in a coupon can be had online. Thanks.

Guest Deals4Me

Thank you, I'll check my paper. However, I don't understand how some people are getting multiple deodorants for .24 when there is one coupon.

Can you use the coupon more than one time? My son has a small mowing

business and he goes through a lot of deodorant! LOL

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

The key to couponing is multiple inserts...ask friends and family for them.

And on the walgreens, its a sale this week. No limits. BUT on the regular walgreens coupons for the sales, the limits on them dont mean diddly squat. Get as many as you want. The onlything to stop would be an anal cashier...:g_thumble

Thanks I'll look. I tried in vain on Saturday and Sunday to find additional coupons, but in the 12 papers I rifiled through, no smart source to be had. I work at the airport, so lots of papers get tossed, but I guess someone beat me to the coupons. I'm off the Kroger to look for blinkies, pullies, or dropies. PS what happens when I use a $1.50 coupon on a $1.00 item? I guess I should buy two because most stores here "keep the change" and won't pay you to shop.

Thanks I'll look. I tried in vain on Saturday and Sunday to find additional coupons, but in the 12 papers I rifiled through, no smart source to be had. I work at the airport, so lots of papers get tossed, but I guess someone beat me to the coupons. I'm off the Kroger to look for blinkies, pullies, or dropies. PS what happens when I use a $1.50 coupon on a $1.00 item? I guess I should buy two because most stores here "keep the change" and won't pay you to shop.

If you are using the 1.50 coupon, use 2 coupons and get 3 deoderants.