"Holiday tree prices"

dealluvr

hmm i have a fake tree. I think its cruel and wrong to to cut a tree down just to decorate the house.

But i have seen Christmas trees going for $30-45 here.

I certainly don't think that cutting down a tree to decorate our house is crel and wrong. The place we buy ours from is locally owned and is a Christmas tree farm. This means that the family that runs it makes income based on growing and selling these trees. I don't see a thing wrong with that.

just bought ours today. Paid $30 for a 9ft spruce

I personaly think its cruel to have a fake. I mean all those poor dinosaurs that had to die off to create the fossil fuel to make all that plastic...shameful!

Whats the code for the rolling eye smilie?? LOL

Actually, fossil fuels are antient trees and plants, so it's all the same in one form or another :P

We normally pay $50 for a tree and that's even with a discount cause I know the guy that sells them. I wish I could find a place that has them for 20.00.

I live in the city too exactly 5 mins from NYC. You never see a tree for sale for only $20.00.

The price totally depends on the type of tree. Fraser firs, for example, are generally much more expensive than other types but I just love them! This year we're having a fake tree.

As for cutting down the trees, I am an absolute tree lover. I even have a tree tattoo, lol. The trees that we use for Christmas trees are grown specifically for the purpose and they do provide income to the people who grow them. If there wasn't a need for them, the people wouldn't be growing them. While the trees are growing, they provide all of the benefits to the environment and are well cared for. When they are cut down, they are replaced with saplings. The tree farmers grow and plant accordingly each year. I lived in Vermont for a while and actually considered starting a Christmas tree farm on our 20 acres, lol.

We just bought one last night---we paid $33--its 7 ft and absolutely beautiful--my fav. tree yet (will have to post a pic of it!!! ;) ) I did notice it ranged from $15 up to $80 w/ the Blue Spruce and the Fraser firs being the highest priced. Last year we had the softer kind but all the ornaments kept falling off---so we went w/ the typical poinky christmas tree!!!

We buy Frazier Firs which are WAY more expensive than any of the other trees for some reason but I love them too. We paid $75 from a lot here in Kansas City for a 6 1/2 ft. tree. Very expensive but the tree was much, much nicer than the crappy ones they were selling at Home Depot.