What does everyone need for their kids?

stephdig

I bought 3 last year for my kids, they are really good tablets but like the other poster said they have trouble with their chargers, or better should I say the place where you plug in the charger also.  So all of the tablets did end up being replaced, but Nabi support is real good with that, if something is wrong, they will honor their warranties.  So if you do get them make sure that you are the one charging it, because the plug is very flimsy and can break very easily, also the place where you stick the plug in can loosen.  But Nabi will send you another charger free of charge if the one that you have breaks.  All in all I still recommend (highly) there tablet there is just so much that you can do with it.

I am really looking forward to some deals on the 3ds xl's my kids (7,6) are big Mario fans, so they have a lot of games for that.  I'm also looking at the 2ds for my 4 year old, so that he can play the same things that they are playing, without the 3d.  My 14yo wants clothes, perfume, and a Samsung galaxy note.  Hopefully the price will go down on all of these and I can score some great deals. 

Thanks for the replies on the Nabi. I'm torn as to whether to get my 2 year old the Nabi Jr. or the same one as my 6 year old. The jr is 5 inches vs 7". An it's only $99 vs $179 (hoping for a deal obviously lol).

My 6 year old also wants the flutterbye flying fairies and One Direction things. I'm probably going to go ahead and get her the 1D comforter and sheet set because I see them going in and out of stock.

I am assuming that your 17 yr old has been spoken to by you and hubby about this. I am truly sorry he hurt your feelings like that. Perhaps a large lump of coal in a laptop sized box and the gift cards, not enough to buy his laptop but just enough to tell him to earn the rest for it. Bless you.

I think we need to remember the reason for the season CHRIST.  So many children won't get anything for Christmas...I would think about buying items with "his" Christmas money and take him with you when you donate them.

• Like 2

my son is 18 and he can be a grouchy teenager and vent on twitter but there is venting and being downright disrespectful.  That said, maybe there is a deeper problem.  Maybe sit down and let him know that you work really hard to provide what you do and it hurt you feelings.... and you dont expect him to tweet how awesome you are, but name calling is not cool.   

So my son still lives here and has a car he pays 1/2 insurance for..so i will probably pay 2 months of it for him...get him the new xbox, a gas card and some clothes
my daughter will be 8 she wants an ipad mini and books, and lego friends ( which most will be bought for her birthday in October) she does need new wheels for her razor scooter.. if they dont sell those that light up then i guess $39 for a new one isnt terribly bad.  

Dh- cant say. Seriously he is always saying stuff he wants and the one thing he maybe mentions in passing that I decide to get, he always guesses as his gift. So mums the word on him ;)

DD (9) she hates her laptop and really wants a desktop computer so she's probably getting that. We also got her an iPod and a new bow not sure past that

DS (2) we so far have got him mater (ride on) a Thomas train set, scout reading dog and a truck that carries trucks. He is possibly autistic (go for testing oct 1) so I know we will get some puzzles. He has sensory issues also so maybe an indoor trampoline (he is scared of them but we are working through it). He will be the easier if the 2 to buy for. Oh I forgot. A tablet of some sort.

Edited by julz0420

DS 24 probably a Windshield, unless he gets around to having it fixed before then.

DD 21, I am so not sure.  I just gave her the sewing machine early because she needed it and now don't know what to get her,  I want to get her an iPad Mini, but she says she doesn't need it.

DS 24 probably a Windshield, unless he gets around to having it fixed before then.

DD 21, I am so not sure.  I just gave her the sewing machine early because she needed it and now don't know what to get her,  I want to get her an iPad Mini, but she says she doesn't need it.

A serger goes along nicely with a sewing machine!

My boys are 11 and 10.  This year, we are taking a different approach to gift giving for them.  Rather than buying just for the sake of having a "pile" under the tree, we are doing something I saw on Pinterest.  They will each get something they want (they both are getting iPod Touches), something they need (each will get a case, earbuds and iTunes giftcards to go with their iPods), something to wear (the 11 year old asked for new hightops and the 10 year old asked for a nice watch), and something to read (Both are getting a nice hardback book).  In addition to those things, we got them Disney Infinity for XBOX as a joint gift.  In their stockings, I will put a DVD for each, and XBOX Points Card, and other small things.  It is SUCH a relief to have almost all of their gifts purchased already, and I know they will be thrilled with them. I know once they get their ipods, they won't play with much else anyway, and they usually get cash/gift cards from extended family, so they can buy whatever they may want that they didn't get from DH and I.

• Like 1

wow you guys are so far ahead of me... i not only dont have the shopping done,i dont even know what they want...other then the 15 year old wants a carhartt jacket...

i adore the "something they want , something they need , something to wear , and something to read something to use, and a joint gift." i just  have never stuck to it...i think of trying every year...this one included!!