Black Friday Discussion forum open for 2013

Brad

With 100 days left until Black Friday, I figured it was a good time to open the main BF forum for any early discussion.

As we've done the last few years, we'll open the individual store sub-forums and the holiday discussion forum a little later on.

• Like 5

I am so excited that BF is getting close.  I am not sure yet what I am really looking for yet though.  I know I want one laptop, but I will probably get it before or after BF, because if I remember correctly a lot of times the laptops offered on BF are lower end.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Walmart is doing the Christmas layaway again beginning Sept. 13.  It still doesn't include everything in the store, but there is no start up fee this year!  Of course it is not valid on Black Friday  :(

Edited by starbeck96
  • Like 1

Hey, Scott... when will the ads come out? LOL! :sidesplit

It doesn't matter...they all suck :lolrun:

Last year's ads were better... this year sucks...

Remember when you used to be able to get a great deal on BF?  What happened?

And so on and so forth...

:)

Sheesh I miss out for a night to rebuild my PC and my favorite forum opens back up. YES

Honestly it seems like it was just New Years a few weeks ago. Maybe I'm getting old but time seems to fly by. Excited since our little one will be 3 this year and last year she was major into Christmas. Then again both myself and my wife love it. Our formal rooms up front contain Christmas stuff all year (though no decorated tree lol). Hoping this year we can make it back to the land of the cold because to me it's just not Christmas without snow, though BF shopping is much more tolerable being able to head out in shorts and a pullover lol.

I'm going to watch a Christmas movie tonight in honor of the forum opening lol. So excited! My ds wants a tablet this year from Santa he is ten. Should I be thinking kindle fire or Samsung galaxy tablet?

Hubby got me a Kindle Fire when they first came out and now has gotten me a Fire HD... I love them both... my vote is for a Kindle - but Black Friday looks SUPER Promising for tablet deals - so stay tuned....

I'm going to watch a Christmas movie tonight in honor of the forum opening lol. So excited! My ds wants a tablet this year from Santa he is ten. Should I be thinking kindle fire or Samsung galaxy tablet?

Ebay had some kindle fire refurbs for 59.99 a couple of weeks ago. I got one and it looks new and works like new. Keep checking there.

• Like 1

Samsung launched their new galaxy tablet 3 this year, and last years BF ad best deal was bestbuy $179 with $20 gift card.  Being that the price is now that for the market price, I wouldn't be suprised if they went down to $100 for BF.  Just a guess, it was at $249 last year, BF price was $179, $70 off.  Also Google Nexus and the manufacturers added a newer model this year.  I remember Amazon having their kindle fire as a gold box deal and then a few lightning deals closer to xmas.  I'd suggest doing some research on the models now, so that when it gets closer to thanksgiving your only decision is amazon.com or retail.  Then decide on how much you want to spend and take $50 off and see if its within the budget you want to spend on one.   Knowing that it'll probably be more off, but just trying to get you closer to that decision.

• Like 1

It's good to be back in the BF forums (I missed them). I have been waiting patiently; but now it officially begins. Now....where is my GottaDeal T-shirt........

LOL - believe it or not, I wore one of mine to the doctor's office the other day - I think I got at least 5 people to ask me about the site and they all wrote down the name to join up. :) Power to the SHIRT! ;)