Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

10 tins of candy for $4.95 from Hallmark! GOT MINE TODAY!

253 replies to this topic

#211 Cinnamonhuskies  OFFLINE  

Cinnamonhuskies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,424 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 5, 2005 - 7:02 pm

I just got an email from hallmark saying they are cancelling my order because a technical glitch with the coupon code allowed me to get that order. Oh well. I knew it had to be too good to be true!:no:

#212 momoftwo  OFFLINE  

momoftwo

Did someone say SALE!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 98 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 5, 2005 - 7:08 pm

Yeah I got the same thing. Oh well what can ya do :)

I just got an email from hallmark saying they are cancelling my order because a technical glitch with the coupon code allowed me to get that order. Oh well. I knew it had to be too good to be true!:no:

#213 ShopperMom  OFFLINE  

ShopperMom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 5, 2005 - 7:20 pm

I got half of my order this morning; than this afternoon I got the email that said they were cancelling it. I just hope they don't charge my account for the regular price! They can't do that, can they?:shock:

Same thing happened to me...I was worried about the same thing. They better not do that!

#214 biomajor  OFFLINE  

biomajor

Michelle

• 6,347 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 5, 2005 - 7:26 pm

They charged my debit card for the original $8.95. It's cleared the bank already. This is going to be another "issue" like the Overstock one :(

#215 Kayakmom  OFFLINE  

Kayakmom

• 3,325 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 5, 2005 - 7:44 pm

I had been charged initially and it dropped off overnight (that's how my bank does it - until the charge comes in) and I figured all was fine. Well, today it's back charged to my account and also to my hubby's account for his. I'm going to have to call tomorrow now. What a PITA. I feel bad that I suggested to my mom to order them now. :(

#216 biomajor  OFFLINE  

biomajor

Michelle

• 6,347 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 5, 2005 - 7:47 pm

I had been charged initially and it dropped off overnight (that's how my bank does it - until the charge comes in) and I figured all was fine. Well, today it's back charged to my account and also to my hubby's account for his. I'm going to have to call tomorrow now. What a PITA. I feel bad that I suggested to my mom to order them now. :(

That sucks!! Mine really cleared the bank. I sent them an email asking about it. Maybe they will respond?

#217 magickallight  OFFLINE  

magickallight

• 54,750 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 5, 2005 - 8:04 pm

I ordered from 2 different email accounts - both of my charges were applied to my CC RIGHT AWAY - yet I have NO items and NO Letter - but am out the $4.95 shipping x 2 orders! I got one shipping notice - but nothing has shown up - the other order is still showing Backordered...

#218 sperdue  OFFLINE  

sperdue

• 1,610 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 5, 2005 - 8:20 pm

I got the same email today too. Oh well is right, we'll still get good deals around here!

#219 motoXmom  OFFLINE  

motoXmom

• 1,813 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 6, 2005 - 3:45 am

At first I was bummed that I didn't get in on this one, I think I'm glad now. I hope anyone who ordered these doesn't have too many problems with it. Good Luck !

#220 wright1baby  OFFLINE  

wright1baby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 6, 2005 - 6:26 am

Has anyone actually recieved ANY product??

#221 Kayakmom  OFFLINE  

Kayakmom

• 3,325 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 6, 2005 - 6:38 am

Just checked my account and hubby's account and the charges are back off of both of them now. Phew! I've resolved to just give cookies to the people I was going to give the tins to. It's what I had originally planned anyway and I did buy almost all of the cookie supplies already. I was just trying to be lazy, lol. :worried:

#222 shanni  OFFLINE  

shanni

• 3,451 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 6, 2005 - 6:47 am

Mine are suppose to be here today, will let you know if they actually show:D

#223 utterman  OFFLINE  

utterman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 6, 2005 - 7:24 am

I got the "MAXINE'S MENOPAUSE SERVIVAL KIT" yesterday. The tins are fairly large (I would say 6" x 4")

#224 Mommie2one  OFFLINE  

Mommie2one

• 1,258 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 6, 2005 - 7:25 am

Reading these posts, Im thankful I passed on this offer!

#225 shanni  OFFLINE  

shanni

• 3,451 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 6, 2005 - 7:27 am

Reading these posts, Im thankful I passed on this offer!

Where is your sense of adventure?:D

#226 Stowasser  OFFLINE  

Stowasser

Jill (Boo)

• 10,974 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 6, 2005 - 7:36 am

I wonder why some people actually got their orders and others didn't, they made the goof, should of taken the hit and just sent them out. When they do stuff like this, it kinda of leaves a bad taste. Doesn't their people doing code actually check things out. By the way, this is the third online business that has done this lately, put in the wrong price etc and than retracted the deal when they get hit really bad. If something rang up like that in a store, they would give it to you and than fix it. I wonder after how many orders, which they processed and some got shipped that they said we are not going to honor these deals.

#227 masilke  OFFLINE  

masilke

The Queen of Bargainshopping

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 6, 2005 - 7:41 am

I wonder why some people actually got their orders and others didn't, they made the goof, should of taken the hit and just sent them out. When they do stuff like this, it kinda of leaves a bad taste. Doesn't their people doing code actually check things out. By the way, this is the third online business that has done this lately, put in the wrong price etc and than retracted the deal when they get hit really bad. If something rang up like that in a store, they would give it to you and than fix it. I wonder after how many orders, which they processed and some got shipped that they said we are not going to honor these deals.

I couldn't agree more, Hallmark lost a Coldcrown Customer here..............:mad:

#228 magickallight  OFFLINE  

magickallight

• 54,750 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 6, 2005 - 7:46 am

I haven't received mine yet - or a cancel notice - but I AM glad I tried... you just never know - heck, I've got a FREE pair of really nice slippers due to arrive tomorrow from BlueFly.com thanks to this board... It's fun to take a chance!

#229 shanni  OFFLINE  

shanni

• 3,451 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 6, 2005 - 7:55 am

Greed is usually the reason this happens. I knew the first time I saw this that was an error on their part. There is no way you can get 104.00 worth of stuff for 4.95. When people start making 5 or 6 orders it ruins it for everyone. Last year there was a price mistake on a website for a silk dresses from Japan. All of the dresses were on sale for 226.00, the website put one on as 22.60. They honored the price for people that ordered 1 dress, and cancelled all other orders. I honestly wouldn't be mad if my order was cancelled since I figured this was an error in the first place.

#230 kfinto65  OFFLINE  

kfinto65

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 6, 2005 - 8:03 am

The status of my EAT DRINK & BE MERRY tins order is SHIPPED!!! :gd_not_ri I will let everyone know if I get them or not....

#231 motoXmom  OFFLINE  

motoXmom

• 1,813 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 6, 2005 - 8:30 am

Greed is usually the reason this happens. I knew the first time I saw this that was an error on their part. There is no way you can get 104.00 worth of stuff for 4.95. When people start making 5 or 6 orders it ruins it for everyone.

Last year there was a price mistake on a website for a silk dresses from Japan. All of the dresses were on sale for 226.00, the website put one on as 22.60. They honored the price for people that ordered 1 dress, and cancelled all other orders.

I honestly wouldn't be mad if my order was cancelled since I figured this was an error in the first place.

Yep I've heard that on another site people were ordering TONS of them. I don't think they will lose any customers over this though. I mean if something like this happens again I'm sure a whole bunch of people will order from them again. Just MO!

#232 Jamy36823  OFFLINE  

Jamy36823

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 6, 2005 - 9:40 am

I got the cancelation email yesterday but today they charged my credit card 4.95 ...its on hold but why in the world would they bother to waste the money charging me if they didnt plan to ship me anything? :rolleyes:

#233 vivjroberts70  OFFLINE  

vivjroberts70

• PipPipPip
  • 3 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 6, 2005 - 9:43 am

Have tried this MANY times, was just too late as those items are no longer available and the coupon code does not work. Was a great tip though!

#234 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 7,083 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 6, 2005 - 10:26 am

I got the cancellation email today too ..

#235 biomajor  OFFLINE  

biomajor

Michelle

• 6,347 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 6, 2005 - 3:33 pm

I got the Shopping Tin and the Menopause survival tins today :-) I'm not going to complain about the $8.95 in shipping even though 4 of the items I ordered are on back order and didn't ship :D

#236 shanni  OFFLINE  

shanni

• 3,451 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 6, 2005 - 5:14 pm

I got 4 tins from my order today, and a cancellation notice for the backordered items.

#237 alimfp  OFFLINE  

alimfp

Meow.

• 5,626 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 6, 2005 - 5:15 pm

I got a cancellation email the other day, I replied, no reply to that. Then I rec'd a more formal cancellation email today (not a reply, just a general email). I looked again on their site and the items that were backordered are now in fact cancelled. The other items say shipped but no shipping info has been provided to me?!
ali. mama to three (ages 7, 7 & 5). surrogate mom to one. surrogacy journey #2 underway ~ due june 2010.

#238 shanni  OFFLINE  

shanni

• 3,451 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 6, 2005 - 5:19 pm

I didn't get any shipping info either, I knew mine were coming today because I called Hallmark.

#239 Stowasser  OFFLINE  

Stowasser

Jill (Boo)

• 10,974 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 6, 2005 - 5:24 pm

One interesting thing, when ya'll were ordering, did it say there was a limit of 15? They knew people were ordering the items, when I first starting ordering, I put the eat and be merry ones in my cart and was looking to see if the others were available, when I went back to my cart, it said only 15 per order was allowed. I think they knew the code was working???? I don't think they put a limit on those when they were at regular price do they? Just curious......

#240 shanni  OFFLINE  

shanni

• 3,451 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 6, 2005 - 5:26 pm

Yes mine said a limit of 15 items in my cart from the start of my order.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users