2 GDAs at Albertsons

couponmamaoftwins

I went in tonight looking for turkey for our dinner tomorrow. They had 3# boneless turkey breast in the mark down section in the meat dept. I had asked the guy at the meat counter if they were suppose to be there and he said yes. He said they got some to thaw out for Thanksgiving and got too many out so they marked them down. It was marked .99 a # but rang up from $1.50 to $1.52 for each 3# turkey breast. I went back and got the rest of them. Works great with the progresso soup catalinas. I think I wound up paying around .70 for a turkey breast and soup.

Also, I picked up some Duracell 2-pack double A batteries to do with the progresso soup catalina deal. I had some coupons but discovered I didn't need them. The batteris are ringing up as $1. There are also $1 coupons and .50 coupons on some of the other duracell batteries if you don't have any Sunday coupons for them.

Let me ask a stupid question: what is a catalina? Our albertsons closed and is now a sav-a-center. Are there other grocery stores that do this?

There are no stupid Questions! A catalina is the piece of paper that prints out along with your reciept. It can be a coupon, or an ad, whatever. Usually it has a colored border as well.

There are no stupid Questions! A catalina is the piece of paper that prints out along with your reciept. It can be a coupon, or an ad, whatever. Usually it has a colored border as well.

Thanks. What grocery stores do this. I've noticed adds on the back of my reciepts but never an additional print out.

hmmm...I have some 1/1 Duracell coupons. MAy have to run to Kroger to check this out. I still dont think my Kroger has the soup! Oh well, I've been getting that at Bi-Lo!

ETA: Isnt the catalina over now? I think it was till 11/27?

We don't have a Kroger here so not sure if they are on sale there or not.

I have heard the catalina was over 11/27. I went tonight to check but they didn't restock from my visit last night. hehe