YAHOO, got my laptop, first in line @ Walmart

skylog

got my laptop from wal mart. first in line. they only had 14, but the line was at least 40-50 deep. even after they marked the first 14 with marks on our hands and told the remaining people they only had 14, everyone stayed. not only that, but more people came and stayed in line. it was a little strange. there were also a ton of shady people trying to get to the front. the whole experience was cool and i met some really nice people, but after my purchase getting out of the store was insane. i was almost run over a dozen times.

anyway, good luck to all out there. time for sleep.

RossMAN

i was acutally in line at about 12.30 or so, i guess i should say formed the line. i was planning on going around 2.00 or 2.30, but i glad i didn't i probably would not have made it. i am located in state college, PA. it was a super center that did not close. there is another super center on the other end of town. i would like to add that i was impressed with the way wal mart handled everything, even with the little issues (read below) it was a very positive experience, and all the employees were nice, laughing and in a generally great mood. it almost seemed as if they were suprised by the whole waiting in line thing.

here is a more detailed post form another fourm i belong too:

well, got my laptop. i ended up going to wal mart around midnight. did some food shopping, packed it in my car and just camped out in the sporting goods checkout (where the laptops would be sold.) i was first in line and ended up meeting some real nice people. it did get a little freaky though. i knew on tuesday that they were only getting 14, so that is why i went so early. well, that and i am anal/OCD. i didn't want to miss out. anyway, by about 3.15 there were about 20-25 people in line. some of the wal mart employees were telling everyone there were only 14 and they wouldn't get them if they were not the first 14 people in line. no one left. more people came. again, they told everyone. no one left. more people came. then people started wandering towards the front and two guys in particular were being really shady. some words were exchanged between myself, them, and then later the group of people behind me (two of which were really nice employess from wal mart who waited just like everyone else to get laptops, while they were off from work, and one was the manager who actually clued me in to all the info on tuesday) they moved in about 4-5 employees and the riff raff moved on. that is when they decided to mark the first 14 people in line with marks on our hands. anyway, by the time 5.00 came there must have been over 50 people in the laptop line. i didn't get why they were staying. overall, it was a great experience, met some people, and really got along with the wal mart employees in line. they just told some great stories and stuff about wal mart. i will say that once i left the area where i purchased the laptop (mind you at 5.08 or so) i was scared as hell. there were people with carts whizzing to the left, to the right, right at me. running to check out. running leaving the store. now i know why i never went shopping on this day before. sorry for the book, i am just delerious with tired.

anyway, good luck to all still out there and i hope everyone was lucky enough to get what they wanted and have as good an experience as i had.

They didn't have many desktops either. I just missed getting the last one. I'm in Albany, NY and I was very surprised when I showed up at 4:30 expecting to see a huge line and there was hardly anyone. It was the shortest line I have ever seen on BF at walmart. And they opened the doors 20 minutes early.

my Goodness.

went to my local walmart in Maryland at 12.28am. i was the second person

on the line. at 3:00 am the line was at least 150 people and growing by the

minute.

at 4:45 am, there were easily more than 500 people waiting in the cold.

temp... 21 degrees. at 4:51 am, the folks broke thru one of the back doors

and started heading for the nootbooks. luckily, the manager held the sales

until he could at least verify who was really first (after almost 5 hours of

haning with stranger, it was very easily to know who was were on the line).

at 5:07 am, i paid for the notebook. i held it like a baby until i got into my

car and locked the doors :D

i'm off to staples... goodluck everyone and please be safe.

Guest noitammus

364 days a year, I'm glad I'm not married.

After reading your posts lildreamer316, though, I kinda wish I was. ;)

Happy Black Friday to the west coast though.. Hope everyone has better luck than me. Let's see more posts like skylog's.:D

I went last night around 11PM to my Walmart to pick up the laptop. I was definitely one of their first black friday shoppers. I didn't have to stay outside though...the SuperCenter is open 24/7 here. I just went there and sat down by the table and jammed to some music. Everyone else started showing up around 3AM. There was about 100 people in line....only 35 laptops were there. I'm typing this from it right now to tell you the truth. :D

They didn't have many desktops either. I just missed getting the last one. I'm in Albany, NY and I was very surprised when I showed up at 4:30 expecting to see a huge line and there was hardly anyone. It was the shortest line I have ever seen on BF at walmart. And they opened the doors 20 minutes early.

I think it was because it was so COLD. I was at the Staples near Colonie Center (You're from Albany so I'm sure you'll know where that is) and it was FREEZING. After about 15 minutes waiting though a manager let the maybe 15 of us that were there at 5:00 am into the lobby area so we had it pretty good, it wasn't that bad there.