Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

<-- noob questions

2 replies to this topic

#1 twista  OFFLINE  

twista

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Aug 30, 2004 - 8:48 pm

So its takes 24-48 hours for namecheap to get my domain setup properly. how do i get it to go to my website @ dhost.info/dreamteam or shoud i upload it all to the provided space i got from ross. Im confused... im using custom nameservers. www.dreamteam360.net is domain and it goes to msn search now because of its being new and not setup fully i guess.

also

Limited Time Offer: Get FREE Whoisguard subscriptions with *every* new domain name registration or transfer.
No forms to fill! No codes to find! The subscription will be automatically added after successful domain registration or transfer..
There's more.. subscription is not tied to the domain you buy and you can use it with ANY domain in your account. Learn More..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, does the whoisguard expire after 1 year and you have to renew it for about $4 or either $8? if you will like to keep the service.

also it says this

* Why are few options Disabled (Grayed out Or N/A)?
You have hosted your domain using someother nameserver (ex: your webhost etc). That is the reason few options like URL forwarding, Email forwarding are disabled. Inorder to take advantage of these features you should setup Namecheap as your nameserver. To do this, Goto Modify Nameservers and then choose Use Namecheap's Nameserver option.

does that mean i cant forward to dhost.info/dreamteam.. :idea:

#2 BobbyDouglas  OFFLINE  

BobbyDouglas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Aug 31, 2004 - 6:54 am

does that mean i cant forward to dhost.info/dreamteam.. - Correct, if your domain's DNS is not pointing to namecheap's server, they cannot forward your domain to another address. If your DNS is pointing to your hosting account's nameservers, then you need to have your host do the forwarding.

#3 twista  OFFLINE  

twista

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Aug 31, 2004 - 7:11 am

does that mean i cant forward to dhost.info/dreamteam..
- Correct, if your domain's DNS is not pointing to namecheap's server, they cannot forward your domain to another address.

If your DNS is pointing to your hosting account's nameservers, then you need to have your host do the forwarding.

k thxs :angel1: i see now.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users