It's official! BestBuy offering NO DOORBUSTERS in parts of OH, SD, IA, ID, WV, + more

MarkRaby

The $15 gift card deal is good at in the following areas, per the fine print at the bottom:

Iowa stores (excluding Sioux City); Idaho stores (excluding Biose); Rapid Cidy, SD; and Huntington, WV

Also in the geographic areas: Omaha, NE; Spokane, WA; Poduch, KY; Dayton and Columbus, OH

This is actually a better promotion for the Average Joe than doorbusters. Joe can get a "deal" (deal to him... but not if he went to pricewatch) on the item he really wants (digicam, high end laptop). He doesn't think they'll be cheaper any time until Christmas.. so he buys now. THEN, he has Best Buy gift cards - so he has to come back before Christmas and purchase other gifts here, even if they are cheaper elsewhere. It's a win-lose scenario.

Also, keep in mind that Best Buy has announced that they would like to BAN customers who buy only sale items without added RAM, protection plans, and who cause them to lose money from their store. If you are reading this post, you are one of those customers. Best Buy would like to ban you from their store. If you boycott them on Black Friday, they've won.

Win-Lose scenarios are best for greedy retailers on Black Friday who don't want to give the die-hards their (expensive) candy.

(my $0.02)

I'm not a big fan of Best Buy either but do they still PM? Seems like you could PM AND get gift cards and come out pretty good.

mark i see the reward zone points for sat is only 100. we are supposely get 10000 bouns points for 25.00 spent on sat before 10:00 a.m. 5000 after 10:00

The ad says:

"Earn UP TO 10,000 Bonus points

*spend $25 on ELIGILBE purchases Saturday November 26th and pick up 5,000 bonus reward zone program points. Shop before 10am earn another 5,000 points. You could go home with 10,000 bonus points.

Points NOT awarded for online purhcases, call in orders, mail in or instant rebates, gift cards, sales tax, open enrollment fee, shipping fees, restocking fees. See Best Buy for store locations.

I live in SE Missouri and got my BB ad this morning. It does not show the laptop for $379 or desktop for $149 that were posted here. Also does not have the camcorder for $249. They do have a laptop for $579...when I check online though, they show the emachines for $159. What ad do i go by? I was planning on getting several items there...

I live in SE Missouri and got my BB ad this morning. It does not show the laptop for $379 or desktop for $149 that were posted here. Also does not have the camcorder for $249. They do have a laptop for $579...when I check online though, they show the emachines for $159. What ad do i go by? I was planning on getting several items there...

Where are you at? I live in Poplar Bluff, but was going to drive to Cape for the emachine but the online ad for Cape shows no doorbusters. Where are you seeing the emachine for $159?

If there's a ray of hope at all to this, there might be some good news for those with hundreds of dollars in Best Buy Bucks. You know that the BB Bucks reduce the actual prices of the items, so if you're buying $300 worth of stuff and use $300 in BB Bucks, your purchase total will show $0. If the gift cards were automatically distributed, you would not get a gift card for the $300. But, last year, the cashiers had to actually manually scan the gift cards. Make sure you do not show your BB Bucks until after they have activated the gift card. This worked for me last year, and I'm hoping it will again this year.

-Mark-

St Louis HAS doorbusters.

My paper from the Walgreens at Kingshighway and Chippewa didn't have a BB ad!!! :mad: I feel ripped off. I specifically bought a paper to price match :gd_dollar at Target on BF. I have one last chance when my husband takes my mom back up to North County. Hopefully, her paper will have one in it. On BF I'm making my teenager stand in line for me at Target while I get a snowglobe at Penney's. The young handle the cold so much better.

I can't belive it. No door busters for BB anywhere in my area (Iowa). I had planned my whole day around this. I also have no CC near me. Well not only am I not going to BB tomorrow, I am not going to them at all this holiday season.

At least I don't have to stand in line for 5 hours in 7 deg weather. Menards just moved to my #1 spot. 1 hour in line should be fine there.

Also, the Best Buy ad for us "non-doorbuster-markets" shows that it excludes prior purchases, subsequent purchases, psps, prps, taxes and gift card purchases.

So, even if I saw a ray of hope that I could buy my son's PSP there, along with a couple of sandisk memory cards & get a $45 gift card, I can't do that, because PSP's aren't included? The PSP is shown right by the gift card promo...

I wonder which it is? PSP or not? I don't think there is any other good way to get a good deal on a PSP. We have Hasting's book stores in our areas, and you can buy a PSP and get a $20 mail in rebate...

Any other ideas for PSP?

Yep, that's the ad I got in Omaha, Nebraska ads too. I don't feel quite so bad about missing BF sales now because one of my main things was the 149.00 computer there. But it does really stink!!

Hey there! Im from Bellevue...

Its just means Walmart is going to be a zoo...

Everyone does know you can buy the laptop online..

Find it, select service agreement link, then your in cart, remove extended warranty and check out :) I bought one already but still going to walmart Just in case.